TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Empty
PostSubject: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 am

Hi all, thought I'd make a start on some picky posting.

These are some photos of a lifeboat I made some time ago at the request of a model kit manufacturer, who is very far advanced on working on it as a kit for release "soon". Hopefully before the end of the year.

It's a 1;12 scale model of the "baby" of the classic fleet at 36.5 inches long. I must admit it was my favorite, and I found it a really superb scale sailer.......if I could ever get the video from my vhs tape I'd try putting it on Youtube, lol....but there's a better chance of hell freezing over than me actually having the technology to do that, lol

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models10

I'll post more when I come back home later today, lol
Back to top Go down
DickyD
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
DickyD

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:23 am

Wonderful looking model Neil LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Tumb
Back to top Go down
http://www.srcmbc.org.uk/

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 am

cheers richard, and as promised, some more shots.

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models11

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models12

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models13

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_210

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_211

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_212

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_213

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_214

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_215

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_o10

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Copy_o11

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models14

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models15

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models16

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models17

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Models18

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Norfol10

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Norfol11

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Norfol12

and there you have it.....the prototype for a twin screw LIVERPOOL class lifeboat, hopefully on the market later this year/early next year.

it's a little cracker for sailing.

neil.
Back to top Go down
DickyD
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
DickyD

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 am

Excellent mate. LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Drinking25
Back to top Go down
http://www.srcmbc.org.uk/

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Absolutely superb cheers your models always give inspiration and I know for me it will take years to come anywhere near your quality. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm

look closer mat.......i think a lot of you guys out there have reached the same standard already.... and passed it.......your tamar for a start is superb, dicky's boats are lovely. each and every one of you has something to be proud of and don't knock yourselves.

as my grandad once said to me."all models are lovely lad, and each and every one is built with love and pride, you can't do more than that".

i think it's roadrunners caption on the bottom of his mayhem postings.that says...."build for yourself, not for someone else". i couldn't agree more!!!
Back to top Go down
Number 6
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Number 6

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:27 pm

It's a beauty Neil, fancy something like that myself. Might be tempted by one of those when they're on the market. Dave. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://justgiving.com/lochnessscalesail
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Liverpool Lifeboat.   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Reading through Neils description of his model of a Liverpool Lifeboat,and realising sadly that it still haz not been produce on the market, I decided to refurbish mine..I have had this for at least 10 years,and show it regularly  alongside my other model Lifeboats,to raise funds for the RNLI, averaging over 2,500.00 yearly.
My  model is a twin screw version, of 0 N 861 "Edgar George Orlando and Eva Child"of 1948.This Lifeboat spent most of her working life at St.Ives in Cornwall.The model has always had the electronics in,and almost ready to go, but I have only ever had her on the water once in all that time. I tentatively re arranged some of the wiring,and added my 2.4 receiver,replacing the old 27 meg job,connected it allup,and tuned it in,and tried it out on the bench of course.IT WORKED! I gradually increased the throttle,and all seemed well  until this horrible noise started.Switched off rapidly,and investigated.I decided it was due to the very old grease in the stern tubes,so decided to take all apartand clear it all out and replace with new.This was achieved fairly easily,and reassembled,after cleaning and polishing the brass props.It all went back together easily too!! I reconnected everything and resoldered the connections on to the motors and agin started up. SUCCESS! Once they had run for a little while and warmed up the motors were both running very smoothly,and no horrible noise! The only thing I made a mistake on,was I had wired one motor the wrong way roundso it was a quick unsolder job,swap the wires over and start her again!All ok this time.I hope to add some photos of the model tomorrow,and try it out on the lake on Thursday,so keep watching this space!
Mick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:23 pm

good on ya matey.......looking forward to seeing this. neil.ThumbupThumbupThumbupThumbup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:06 am

I'm also looking forward to the Pic's 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Liverpool Lifeboat.   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Well I took some photos of the stages of rewiring my Liverpool, but only using one Esc, to control both motors,and relying on the rudder for  turning etc,but owing to this lousy Windows 10,I cannot download the photos!! So I have enlisted my sons help in taking some on his phone,so hang on people,they are coming!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:13 pm

micks Liverpool.

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp10

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp11

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp12

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp13

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp14

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp15

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Liverp16
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thanks Neil. Hope she comes up to scratch!
MicK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:01 am

a little cracker matey. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:34 pm

and a few more of micks little cracker

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Pict1710

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Pict1711

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Pict1712

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Pict1713

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Pict1714
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:04 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT   LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT Empty

Back to top Go down

LIVERPOOL CLASS LIFEBOAT
Page 1 of 1