Share | 

Forum Domain & Donations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Forum Domain & Donations   Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Alright guys and girls, i have been keeping a close tab on the original RCMB.com domain name for the forum, again this year its still taken, i guess the original creator of the old forum really wants to keep anyone from getting the name, however there are a few domain names similar we can use, i wont list them here as i don't want them 'stolen'.

As you all know the forum is run for free as as such we have had to put up with a lot of crap from the domain name, to the adverts, as well as be subject to a lot of legal issues, which i've resolved but its a continual battle.

My aim is to keep this forum as 'free' as possible and by free i mean its owned by the members who use it, rather then having 1 person who has 'utter power' right now the site responcability has fallen to Phil & Myself, although with my absence the forum has been left to Phils devices and i wish to say now, what an excellent job he has done and its great commitment from him, so on behalf of myself and may i speak for the members here, Thankyou Phil, for your hard work to date.

Now down to business, To run the forum with a decent Domain so that's, as an example. RCMB.com (which we cant have since its taken Sad ) Remove the adverts all together and have use of the copyright legal stuff (protects your rights as users, images and any text you have written) total cost for that per year is £45.

What i will do is setup the Site donation System, (you can use paypal or even your mobile phone!) to which if u feel compelled , you may donate to the sites running cost fund, I can Assure you no money is being sent to myself or to any other member on this forum, the money is paid directly to the hosting company who convert what donations are there into 'credit' which we can use to purchase a domain name (.com/.net etc) and remove the adverts etc..

(Phil u may check this in the Admin panel >Misc>Credit Management>Donations)

If you do donate to the forum you wont be getting any special powers such as buying your admin/moderator status, however i will setup a 'Forum Sponsor' tag for those who do, just pm me if you have sent a donation.

More info can be found by clicking the ''Contribution'' link at the base of the pages/posts.

Many thanks
RR

intrepid75
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain & Donations   Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks to you and Phil for getting this off the ground and keeping it going...........and a small donation is worth it from me which I will be making. Keep up your good work.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain & Donations   Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 pm

2thumbsup

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain & Donations   

Back to top Go down

Forum Domain & Donations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Forum Rule's, Site Help & Announcements-
Jump to: