Share | 

Acrylic help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Acrylic help   Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Ok in all my years.... i have never used Acrylic paint, enamels have always prevailed so never took any though to what im about to do but i though i would check before hand...

MY wife brought me a Gato class sub £30 bargain, however at the same time, she must have followed the paint guide or the guy in the shop sold her the tamiya acrylic paints to do it with, which is find, actually the paint goes on very nice and dose not obscure the detail ( rivets especially) so will be buying again, but it does clog up my airbrush a bit at times ( thinners next time)

So today I finally finished the painting of it (only took me a year!) now the paints matt,, uff its fine (rather it was satin) but I want to gloss it up, and wanted to check if I could use normal Car spray Lacquer over the paint work with out it cracking or what not?

I have tons of car Lacquer but no tinlets of clear coat to go in my air brush and i won't get to town in time to buy some and get the boat finished for the show next Saturday.

Advice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
stavros
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic help   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Personally I would try a small scrap piece of plastic FIRST,sometimes you can get away with it BUT Personally I would NOT as the thinners in the rattle cans will PROBABLY attack the tamya paint,as I said TRY A SMALL SCRAP PIECE FIRST

Stav
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic help   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Will do, if anything i may just leave it as a matt finish until after the show, it doesn't look that bad, after I will be able to get to town to get some satin clear acrylic's. its realistic in finish but i do think its to much matt if you understand that?

I'll get a photo up shortly i'm currently uploading 200 from the 1960's for the vintage section

Thanks bud much appreciated.

RR
Back to top Go down
http://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic help   

Back to top Go down

Acrylic help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: Painting-