HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Getting a good mix of resin and hardener

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damien
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 am

After having problems getting an even mix after mixing with various items and having sticky patched on the surface I thought of a small battery operated paint stirrer a check on ebay came up with several in UK & US they were expensive with post added, I already had a 65mm Graupner prop on a 4mm shaft I'd used for mixing Auto paint set me searching what I had in small props and found these.

I have no idea where I got them l & rhd 30mm on 1.5mm shaft on screw driver speed it produced a mini cyclone effect in a cut down 50mm plastic pill bottle and the result was a perfect cure.
I expect these shaft/pros could be found in elcheapo kids boats.

Damien.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Damien if you fix a disc about twice the diametre of the prop on the shaft about an inch away from it splashing up is less of a problem when run in reverse and an even beter mix results
Back to top Go down
Damien
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

good idea.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Just a little trick I picked up of a plasterer friend of mine who modified his plaster stirrer the same way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   

Back to top Go down

Getting a good mix of resin and hardener
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: Working With GRP-
Jump to: