TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modelling again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 am

While I've been painting snug and warm inside over winter Jo my other half has decided the 1/12th scale room box I built her 2yrs ago for a man'r drawing room she has decided I will make it a man's modelling shed.
I started with a 1" scale of my own work bench a steel set of 15 drawers.
Jo has kept UK ebay sellers in a wage with between 250 and 300 quids worth of scale tools.

The legs on the bench are disgarded paint brush handles.

Modelling again 20

Modelling again 18

This room box when finished will have a glass door that is already made fitted to keep the dust and mini shavings inside.
Some of the tools placed to work out where to put then so they can all be seen.

Modelling again Dollh1

Modelling again Dollh3

Modelling again Dollh2

Modelling again Dollh4

I have a test tank so of course the model shed has one and i just had to build a 1/12th model 22g wire mast keel & rudder
from a drink can held upright with blutac while awaiting casting epoxy from the US.
The sails are doped tissue the boom & rigging are twisted cotton super glued stiff ooh yeah the hull is carved from scrap 1/2" sheet.
Although my tank is plain Jo provided this flash bath lol
Modelling again 16

The pile in the middle of the box include an oxy set and about 50 small tools to go on the walls.
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 pm

absolutely bloody amazing, Damien.........really wonderful, and lovely.

neil.
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks Neil I did get a bit more done on the airboats as well.
Then the cold front came in and it's freezing again not boding well for the coming summer last thjursday we had a bottler of a sailing day & I didn't have the batteries charged. That's life.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Very nice indeed Damien and finally something on these pages my wife actually likes lol well thats a little unfair she's quite appreciative of most of the work that goes into the models on here but, and I guess its a woman thing model houses shops and the like seem to grab her attention all the more
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:59 am

Superb Damien... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:28 am

Almost finished now just waiting on lights from the UK and I need to make a garbage bin for the shed.
I made an interesting discovery you can't super glue printer paper together I glued myself to the top layer but the second layer fell off I'll try again with balsa glue.
The epoxy casting resin worked great for the test tank water.

Modelling again DSCF2222

Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:39 am

Waste bin made from art card wrapped around a Berocca can.

Modelling again DSCF2226
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Just amazing Damien Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 am

I forgot a few pic's yesterday,

Modelling again DSCF2223

Modelling again DSCF2224

Modelling again DSCF2225
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 am

To complete the modellers workshop/shed theme I carved a model glider and hung it from the roof.
A few more pics. The first shows the size the fuselage had to be painted several times as I super glued myself to it.

Modelling again DSCF2227

Modelling again DSCF2230

insitu

Modelling again DSCF2232-1

I wonder what I'll think of next lol
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Definately approve of the glider Damien
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Thank you thank you very much.

The girly calendar pic adorned my shed walls whilst we were divorced I removed them when we re-married but it was her idea in the miniature shed. She's a goodun.
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 am

Finally finished lighting installed & Damien Jnr glued to the stool I think he'd been raiding the plonk on my bench as he continually fell off the stool lol

Modelling again DSCF2235

Modelling again DSCF2236
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm

pure brilliance....I love it.

neil.
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks to all who replied to this thread, Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 am

I love it Damien... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:15 am

Jo loves it too It's the first thing that's shown off when friends arrive.

A friend of ours who live in the next town north of us builds match stick models eg 3' Mississippi Riverboat 4' Eiffel tower and gypsy caravans when he mentioned he hadn't found a horse for the c/van when I got home 10 mins on ebay and I bought one I then bought some leather so he could make harness He was thrilled and a little miffed when I wouldn't let him pay for them, being an elderly Dutchman he decided to build a Caravan for Jo.

The match stick parquetry base is 62cm x 22cm  base to roof top is around 30cm a simply beautiful model.

Modelling again DSCF2259

Modelling again DSCF2258

Last edited by Damien on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 am

Len the match stick builder has expressed a wish to see our model boats sailing we may see a convert.

Len uses match sticks from the UK as the are more precise in shape than the Chinese product.

I'll post more pictures when Jo decorates the Caravan.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:03 am

That is an incredible build Damien. He is an artist..
Back to top Go down

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 am

Yes he is Barry the green trim is individual pieces of match stick painted prior to gluing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modelling again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelling again   Modelling again Empty

Back to top Go down

Modelling again
Page 1 of 1