TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garfield renovation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

Garfield renovation Empty
PostSubject: Garfield renovation   Garfield renovation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Garfields airboat has taken a pounding over the last two years, it has hit ice blocks, the dock side, been attacked by a swan and hit a submered log while sailing upside down, so it is covered in cracks and holes that have been filled with two mix. Also while he is doing his skiddy turns he gets drowned with water.

Time to put things right, onto the bandsaw (the boat not Garfield) take the square edge off the bottom of the hull, this will give an angle to the bottom of the hull and should stop a lot of the water been thrown up on the turns, and two wide strips of 5mm balsa along each side of the hull bottom, at speed it should sit on these and reduce the wetted area.

Garfield renovation Dscf3613

Garfield renovation Dscf3614

Garfield renovation Dscf3615
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: Garfield renovation   Garfield renovation EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:55 pm

I really must get cracking with my airboat plans Alan I have an idea for an Electric Ducted Fan model making it more of an air jet boat than just an air boat lol really need to get my new workshop up and running Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Garfield renovation   Garfield renovation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:31 am

I would really like to get back to my two hopefully I'll feel lots better after surgery with luck only a few weeks away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garfield renovation   Garfield renovation Empty

Back to top Go down

Garfield renovation
Page 1 of 1