Share | 

Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
intrepid75
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Well nice to see it almost done and one nice looking tug build at that. A pleasure to look at.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Well, construction is finished. Its all ballasted ready for maiden voyage in the morning. Even the forecast seems to be on my side Very Happy - I just have to get up in time, which going on recent experience may be a problem Embarassed

Here are the final photos of the build starting with one of the many mast lights. Made from styrene tube and sheet with a clear LED inside. I decided not to try to make working lights as the the mast is not really big enough to try to get 15 wires down it, although I have seen this model with working lights.

Thanks for all your kind comments. I will try to get some on the water shots tomorrow, and maybe even a video clip!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Nice model barriew, you have made a good job of it. cheers

Alan
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Very nice indeed I hope she sails as well as she looks!! best of luck for the maiden tomorrow
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Well, she sails very well. No problems at all, except I hadn't quite got the ballast in the right places and she listed slightly. The motors are very good - quiet and powerful. Too much power in fact and I was running at less than half throttle to keep a realistic speed. She was also practically dry, just a little water and I'm not sure if that didn't come in during over enthusiastic reversing Very Happy I think I will try to re-program the Mtroniks controller to reduce the maximum speed as I found it quite difficult to keep the correct speed.

Two not very good photos on the water - no video as my camera battry gave up on me Rolling Eyes

Barrie

Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 pm

All sounds good. I would point out that tugs are meant to be immensely powerfull and so not suprisingly a lot faster than their appearance might suggest I'll never forget a modern tug reversing up the Thames about twice the speed of a slightly quick launch we were on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug   

Back to top Go down

Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 Tug
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Modelling Categories :: Tug Boats-
Jump to: