TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AA are our heroes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Mark

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Tonight,we were travelling home on the A27 from my parents house in Bognor Regis to ours in Portsmouth.

If anyone knows this road,it is a dual carriageway,with little stops,our car died,while doing 60mph,in the inside lane,i managed to pull over,onto the grass verge and little bit of tarmac .

Put on hazard's and panicking rang my dad for help,knowing he is old and wont drive at night.Cars are flying past us at silly speed and it was raining,my missus was getting stressed by now,so i rang 999 to inform them,we had broken down in a dangerous place.

30 seconds later we saw flashing lights and a van pulled in front of us,it was our heroe from the AA,he was not informed of our breakdown,,but knew we were in danger,so towed our car to the next layby.He informed us,he could not pass and help as we were so vunerable,and be killed.

Legally if we needed his assistance i would need to be a member,so no hessitation,i joined the AA,bearing in mind this guy was off duty and going home.

Whilst in the layby,police turned up,talked to said AA man(will not give name,in case he broke some rules) confirmed everything was under control and went.We were towed home,but out of his curiosity wanted to know what was wrong with our car.So he plugged in this box in our car,went to his van,and diagnosed some probs,asked me to try brake lights etc,turn engine over,reset things on my car,and finally diagnosed the problem,i hope,a crankshaft sensor.

Cannot thank this guy enough,he got us out of danger,and home,and told me hopefully the problem

p.s dont buy a mercedes Very Happy
Back to top Go down

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm

a big well done to him............at last someone with sense and kindness and not a beurocrat working to strict HSE guide lines.

I remember when I was a young 19 year old riding my Bsa rocket gold star back from a race meet at Oulton Park and on the M6...I had a punture in my rear tyre... with no tyre leavers on me I sat and waited for any mates to come along.........ziltch............they must have all gone the other way home.....when a policeman in a tranny van stopped and had a look.............he helped me load my bike into the back of the tranny, throwing his cones and road signs into a corner to fit the bike and me in the back of the van...........

about a hundred yards up the motorway I yelled out Oh f*** me, to which he said what's up......I'd left my skid lid on the hard shoulder..............he slammed the tranny in reverse and zoomed back the 100 yards on the hard shoulder before picking up the crash helmet for me.

as he dropped me off at a service garage who were to repair my tyre( he'd radio'd ahead,) his parting shot was.....fer f***'s sake don't write into the chief constable to thank me....I'll be in as much s*** as you were just then if you do...........never did see him again.....but again...a true gent..........doubt they'd do it these days, lol
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 am

So if I have this right Neil
one night there was you, a tranny, an old bike, a policeman - something about your helmet in the grass, and afterwards he begged you not to tell anyone.

certainly a night to remember

Dave

Last edited by Norseman on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:57 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 pm

And it was your crankshaft that caused you this problem? say no more squire nudge nudge

Last edited by intrepid75 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Mark
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Mark

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Lets carry this on guys,i was coming back from london to portsmouth on a old bsa c12 years ago,the speedo cable broke,stopped by old bill,charged me for speeding,didnt know tax had run out.

so now we know,an old tranny,on an old bike who was speeding and didnt pay tax,cos the crankshaft sensor packed up,but was'nt wearing a helmet,,but the copper let him off cos he was couldnt get air pressure in his rear lol!
Back to top Go down

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 am

how do you follow through with that??
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Following through is a different story altogether!!!
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Can't top that lads but I've just come back from two days/1 night in PRESTON -

nothing happened. I'm so depressed - don't know if it's Preston or because zilch happened?

I even took a trip past Preston Dock but no ships there and I saw no seamen.Shocked

So I asked a guy 'Where are all the models mate'? Rolling Eyes

.....................I ended up in the rain, stood outside Transport Models at Oyston Mill on Strand Rd

and worse, they were closed; but their cars and planes aren't the models I wanted anyway.clown

Dave
Back to top Go down
shipmate60
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
shipmate60

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 pm

A very long time ago I stopped to help a motorist who had broken down.
I parked behind him and put my hazards on.
I got him going and he drove off. I thought ignorant person.
I went to put my tools away and the so-and-so had nicked the toolbox!!

Bob
Back to top Go down

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

that is just so nasty for want of a more expletive word...........I'd have chased the sod up the road........would've been livid!!!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AA are our heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AA are our heroes   AA are our heroes Empty

Back to top Go down

AA are our heroes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: