TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome Barriew

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi, and welcome to you.

draw up a chair and tell us about yourself...what you like, but from other forums, I can hazzard a guess.

glad you joined the site.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
Kleban
Midshipman
Midshipman
Kleban

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Hello Barriew, and welcome to the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 pm

A big warm RCMB welcome Barriew I trust you will enjoy your time on this forum
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi - apologies for the delay in "signing in " here - I've been enjoying myself ( Laughing Laughing ) at the MPBA NEC and AGM meetings today as I am their Webmaster.
I've been modelling for quite a few years now - since just before I retired in fact. I decided I needed something to keep me occupied, and so I returned to model boats - something I left when I was about 17!

I model scale models to my satisfaction, not to competition standards. Building is more important than sailing, although I am now a member of Cambridge Model Boat Club, having relocated from Derbyshire to NW Essex ( a bit of a dessert as far as model boating is concerned). Just recently I have been experimenting with brushless motors in some RAF launches that I have - I think I am getting a taste for speed Very Happy

Barriew
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:42 am

To continue (the excitement was too much last night Very Happy ) the last model I built was a new kit of the Vosper RTTL - I understand this is a re-kit of the old Veron model. Waiting to be started are a Mobile Marine Models Damen Stan 1605 hull, an airboat - a bit of a craze at our club just now - and I also started building a small tug - Tiddler - but got a bit hung up trying to fit the bulwarks. I also have the plans and templates for the Adamcraft Seaplane Tender. This is the first model I made with my father back in the '50s. It was in fact this which drew me to this forum to follow Neil's build of the Guernsey Ambulance Boat. I was going to attempt to scratch build mine, but seeing that a kit may become available I will wait to see what develops. Before any of this however I have to make a musical box for my Grandson Smile

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Barrie..........

it will be a semi kit really..........either the wooden parts to build the hull and cabin ( from what Steve has told me) or a grp hull and cabin with wooden parts for deck, beams and bulkheads, ( I just supplied him with the moulds and templates for both methods plus the ready available plans from My hobby store).................believe it or not....all the fittings I have bought as readily available items from shows..........as they are so readily available...............why spend hours making and moulding stuff when, for pence really, you can buy them........so it has been a nice simple model to build and I have ( apart from the masts which were silver soldered) enjoyed not having to make fittings.

Hope you enjoy yours when you get round to building it.

cheers, neil
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:07 pm

thats a very interesting assortment of vessels Barrie and I for 1 look forward to seeing the odd picture of your fleet.

I to am experimenting with brushless motors in vessels where they might not be expected using the brushless experience I gained while flying model aircraft,

The current very slow build is the lady sarah II detailed on here in the build blog section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Barriew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Barriew   Welcome Barriew Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Barriew
Page 1 of 1