TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Would You Do It - Procreation

Go down 
+2
phil winks
Norseman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

How Would You Do It - Procreation Empty
PostSubject: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Lads

I've posted this seperately to my Kalakala build because I'm hoping the answers will be diverse and might not just applicable to the Kalakala. We have been joined by Tim who is a volunteer for the Kalakala ............. and Tim is the second person to ask me for a model for charitable purposes (Steve Rodrigez being the other). Tim has asked about cost but I am not really cash driven (well not beyond life's usual needs) so just cost and transport if I did it.The big problem I have with a second model is not even my inexperience, but that the method I have chosen (Litho) is a little unusual and will not really lend itself to producing more than one part at a time. So what to do scratch

What Scale and whether static or convertable to RC are unknown. Also would a charitable project not be better served by something that could be in a simple kit form, manufactured and generate sales?

So - Your Mission - Should You Choose To Accept It .............. is discuss methods for possible baby Kala's

This Post Will Self Destruct ......................................................cherry

How Would You Do It - Procreation Missio10

Regards Dave
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 3:01 pm

One option is to discuss this with Neil regarding the production of a mould to produce a grp version as when it comes to making grp moulds he is the man who can
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes I agree, Neil is the man to talk too.

Alan
Back to top Go down
carlmt
Midshipman
Midshipman
carlmt

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Dave - will email you tomorrow........................

Linkspan Models may have an interest in this as there are more ferries than just on the Dover Straits!!!!!!!

I envisage a fibreglass hull and seperate fibreglass topside - probably one of the most simple kits imagineable - all at 1:96.

If Niel could produce a mould from my drawings......................but I will put this idea more in an email to you......

Carl
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkspanmodels.co.uk
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:13 am

'there are more ferries than just on the Dover Straits'

Yes - Carl. Are you going to go global then? I'll have to find you something really special. I like this one Wink

How Would You Do It - Procreation The_ad10

The Admiral formerly The Albatros (1961 St. Louis Missouri)

Regards Dave
Back to top Go down
carlmt
Midshipman
Midshipman
carlmt

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:19 am

Now THAT looks fantastic!!!! Like something out of Thunderbirds.....

I love this - so unusual - great prototypes.........I could research these all day!!!!

Cheers Dave - keep them coming...

Carl
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkspanmodels.co.uk
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:28 am

Hey Carl - it already looks like a waterline model
Back to top Go down
HS93
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
HS93

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:45 pm

build if fiberglass then cover in metalcoat half way down page http://www.mickreevesmodels.co.uk/~mickreev/Access/accessories.htm.

Simples cat

Peter
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Futuristic and certainly art deco at its most extreme but surely anything less than a calm river would have been a bit scarey?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 pm

hi guys.........yes, GRP would seam the way to go with an RC project if you want to duplicate your model the easy way.

However if you are planning to do some smallish ones for the charities, say of 18inches or less, you would be easier making tooling for a top and a hull to be pulled out in a vacumm forming machine, and a quickish build from plasticard. especially if they are going to be just "tools" for display for raising money,as these wouldn't need to be fully detailed models.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi Neil

yes vac'ing is good for this charity idea, but Carlmt is also interested beyond this thread so a different route for him. Ha ha me - I'll be made up if I can just build the beeping metal thing at all. I feel like the snake that has started swallowing someone via the left leg, has arrived at the groin area, and is now wondering how to get any further on. Oh I do make things difficult.

Regards Dave (just laughing at myself now)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Do It - Procreation   How Would You Do It - Procreation Empty

Back to top Go down

How Would You Do It - Procreation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: General Modelling :: General Modelling Questions-
Jump to: