TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OwdFlyer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 2:13 pm

Hi All,

I’ve been building and flying RC aircraft for about ten years but have recently been frustrated by the terrible flying conditions that have prevented participating as often as I’d like. So I’ve decided it’s time for a bit of variety…..
I’ve purchased an aero-naut Princess kit which I’ve just unpacked and am preparing to get stuck in.
There’s no power train included so I thought it best to get it bought before getting too involved. This is where I hit my first problem….the specified motors don’t seem to be available on the internet. Race 650, Actro C5 and Speed 700 are listed as the choices and bare no resemblance to the specs for the motors I use for aircraft. Can someone advise me of a suitable power train and point me in the direction of how to calculate one for RC boats.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 2:53 pm

Hi,
I can't tell where to get them in GB, in germany at least the race 650 is available.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can also use the specs (sorry you probably have to translate them) and check available motors if they may fit.

Another option would be to use a brushless motor, as a flyer you may have experience with them.

Best,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
delta151
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member.   New Member EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 4:28 pm

Hi Owdflyer,
I would advise you not to bother with any recommended motors or even any of the brushed motors.  If you want your boat to plane instead of just struggling through the water I think that the way ahead would be to use the appropriate size of brushless motor, speed controller and battery.  Have a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have always found them very helpful and if you tell them what boat you are building they will advise you accordingly.
Best wishes with your 'new' hobby and your boat building.
Derek.
Back to top Go down
OwdFlyer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 5:32 pm

JoJoElbe wrote:
Hi,
I can't tell where to get them in GB, in germany at least the race 650 is available.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can also use the specs (sorry you probably have to translate them) and check available motors if they may fit.

Another option would be to use a brushless motor, as a flyer you may have experience with them.

Best,
Joerg
Thanks Joerb,
I didn’t realise that the suggested motors would be brushed….I’ll look into brushless.
Back to top Go down
OwdFlyer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 5:37 pm

delta151 wrote:
Hi Owdflyer,
I would advise you not to bother with any recommended motors or even any of the brushed motors.  If you want your boat to plane instead of just struggling through the water I think that the way ahead would be to use the appropriate size of brushless motor, speed controller and battery.  Have a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have always found them very helpful and if you tell them what boat you are building they will advise you accordingly.
Best wishes with your 'new' hobby and your boat building.
Derek.
Thanks Derek,

That’s great. I’ll have a nosey.
With planes there is a simple method of calculating the power train depending of how aggressive you want to fly. I’ve searched but not yet found out how to do it for boats.

Cheers

Geoff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1