TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon Empty
PostSubject: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:26 pm

I did start this on Mk 1 site.
It's a build of a small island hopper fery that opperates between Largs and Cumbrae on the ayrshire coast.
Powered by two Voith Scnieder propulsion units, I will be making it in a similar vane to the Clydel class lifeboat that I built in GRP, and now that the original build thread of that has gone, I'll put one on here on the step by step process that I used.
haven't got a great deal done except the basic hull plug done as yet as am still working on the electric of the Clyde for the Loch Ness sale but as soon as that is over I'll be spending time on the ferry, so just for now here's a few shots of the little beastie coming into and out of Largs pier.

neil.

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon 26111

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon 26211

my two repribate daughters getting to steer her across the Clyde...we even held up the cruise liner "The World" as we steered a zig zag, avoiding submarines. lol

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon 66910

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon Lochri11

and one of my favorite shots of her....sunset when all the crew have gone home and left her to slumber.

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon 10810

Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Neil, good to see the thread again, Ill just lurk in the background waiting for you to get around to using the plug to make the hull. Very Happy

Alan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm

i have actually got the hull made now, but needs sanding and detailing.....just haven't had time yet.hopefully after july2nd
Back to top Go down
Kleban
Midshipman
Midshipman
Kleban

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:34 am

Will be an interesting build.

Keep it coming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:57 am

it has taken a bit of a back seat until I have the two hulls of the ambulance boat and then I can sand them all off together and make the grp moulds together.......saves much mess twice over, lol...........and boy oh boy is fibre glassing messy......I love it. affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
carlmt
Midshipman
Midshipman
carlmt

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:22 pm

I am going to watch this one with interest Niel...........well, it IS a ferry!!!!!

And a wonderful prototype to boot.....are you going to model your daughters at the controls??

Carl
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkspanmodels.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 pm

i am sorry to say carl. i've done naff all to it for a couple of months now.....been working on the ambulance boat i have to get ready...........was hoping to have a mould done and hull pulled out for when i go on holiday up to largs next week, but no chance............will have to get my finger out when i get back home..have been really slack the last couple of months.
Back to top Go down
carlmt
Midshipman
Midshipman
carlmt

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey - its not a race.........just been reading your blog on the Flying Christine - excellent!!!! And I too can vouch for Steve Tranter's waterjet cutting - done a grand job on the Free Enterprise plug frames (and saved me a fortune in both time and cash into the bargain!!!)

You must feel on top of the world when you hand over those models to the ambulance service.......knowing that they value your work....

C
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkspanmodels.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 pm

carlmt wrote:

You must feel on top of the world when you hand over those models to the ambulance service.......knowing that they value your work....

C

it gives me a real buz, and a great sense of satisfaction. but this time we'll have a replica to sail as well.....that one is coming on..will post an up date in the next day or two.the big problem with that one is that there is very little detail evidence of her around, and very few potos.......neither the station in guernsey or i even have a proper colour sceme for her...........

neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon   Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon Empty

Back to top Go down

Calmac Ferry Loch Riddon
Page 1 of 1