TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MULTI ESC's!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

MULTI ESC's! Empty
PostSubject: MULTI ESC's!   MULTI ESC's! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:47 pm

I was emailed a question by a new memeber who was having a little difficulty navigating the forum for a moment...

So i've started the post on his behalf.

I have recently decided to make my first ever model and am starting from scratch and without plans, just by looking at pictures on the internet.
 The model I'm building is HMCC Searcher which launches a RHIB from the stern via a gate. The model has six main RC functions.
Keeping in mind that I know nothing about radio control, after collecting all the bits and pieces I have ended up with a Futaba 6L Sport Transmitter and four Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 speed controllers.
 My question is, can one transmitter run  four speed controllers of the same make doing different things sometimes at the same time? Also, can I run two different voltage batteries doing separate tasks from one receiver?
Thanks

Westcoast

Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

MULTI ESC's! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MULTI ESC's!   MULTI ESC's! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:09 pm

ok so ...

Multi Escs is a little tricky 

so short answer is yes... 

you can run all 4 speed controllers from 1 reciver and you can run each controller at a diffrent voltage...

now heres the kicker

most escs have something called a BEC ( battery eliminator circuit) which provides power to the Reciver via the main battery. 

when using say 2 ESC's then a simple disconnect of the BEC lead of the plug will usualy do the job and not blow up the reciver as you are only feeding power from one.

when your running more than 2

and in your case 4 and using multiple voltages for the escs themselfs then we have an entierly new issue to deal with, 
each ESC will require its own battery or the ones that are on the same voltages sharing in parrallel....

when your doing something like this you shouldnt as a rule use the BEC on any of the ECS's to power the reciver itself. as one of those batterys is controlling that reciver if it dies then your stuck litrally with no paddle!

so instead your set up should be something like this .....

MULTI ESC's! Untitl10

Now Obviosly this is How I would do it! there are other methods but this is the most trusted and reliable method i think the image speaks for itself on the setup

Note here

ALL BEC CABLES FROM EACH ESC SHOULD BE DISCONNECT FROM THE PLUG! ( ITS THE MIDDLE WIRE) THAT IS ESSENTIAL! OR YOU WILL BLOW UP YOUR RECIVER! ITS NOT ON THE IMAGE... BUT ITS 100% VITAL YOU NOT FORGET THAT SHOULD YOU USE THIS SETUP

JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

MULTI ESC's! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MULTI ESC's!   MULTI ESC's! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 7:44 am

Hi, this works for one receiver.

From his desciption, I think he needs a second receiver for the RIB .... and there come problems. Not every transmitter can work with two receivers.
Mine can't therefor I can't help in that direction.

For some functions it may be enough to have a forward/reverse switch (either this, that or nothing).

Regards,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
Sponsored content

MULTI ESC's! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MULTI ESC's!   MULTI ESC's! Empty

Back to top Go down

MULTI ESC's!
Page 1 of 1