TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D section rubber moulding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

D section rubber moulding Empty
PostSubject: D section rubber moulding   D section rubber moulding EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 6:52 pm

I am looking for some D Section moulding - rubber or plastic - for my lifeboat. Anyone know of a supplier? I have used Seals Direct in the past, but the carriage is twice as much as the actual product.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

PostSubject: Re: D section rubber moulding   D section rubber moulding EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 8:33 am

Hi Barriew

I was lucky when I need some rubber "D" section, as we had a small double glazing company near us so I ask if I could buy a one meter length from them, they just gave me what was on the end of the reel which was just over a meter. it just may be worth a try.

Fred
Back to top Go down
Geoff S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: D section rubber moulding   D section rubber moulding EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 5:16 pm

barriew wrote:
I am looking for some D Section moulding - rubber or plastic - for my lifeboat. Anyone know of a supplier? I have used Seals Direct in the past, but the carriage is twice as much as the actual product.

Barrie

I've used a similar product for cockpit edging.  Try doing a Google search for grommets.  Rubber mouldings are used to protect wiring when they pass through a metal sheet and it's supplied in various section sizes by the metre.  I'm almost sure I searched 'grommets' on eBay and postage wasn't an issue (could well have been free).

Try here.

Geoff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D section rubber moulding   D section rubber moulding Empty

Back to top Go down

D section rubber moulding
Page 1 of 1