TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mary Celeste ? ************

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

The Mary Celeste ? ************ Empty
PostSubject: The Mary Celeste ? ************   The Mary Celeste ? ************ EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am

Have started on my final model this last week and transferred the plans details to the oak keel and fashioned her general form employing a thicker and deeper keel line so that I am able to fit either a shortened drop keel or another yet to be designed .

The rib sections have also been copied out and glued to 3mm ply and I intend cutting a rough silhouette from this prior to cleaning them up as she will eventually be R/C three masted ship of the line adapted to my needs and whims to facilitate the working sails / masts I am hopping to end up with .

Whilst glueing and checking the photostats copies , I checked the dimensions and found many discrepancies on width so halted whilst I got to the bottom of it as the scant rib section showed bow and stern silhouettes of the starboard side and a centre line which when folded over on the centre line should reveal the desired rib Thumbup ... but many were not true which would have resulted in a caterpillar plan profile if assembled without using dividers to check and confirm TRUE outline so glad I took the trouble to check
affraid  [ apparently caused by staggered profile image printed on the paper as the scanner beam travels over the paper ] affraid.....so be warned and " dont " trust the printed effigy without checking  it first !

So will be busy cutting these out over the coming week Basketball

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

The Mary Celeste ? ************ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mary Celeste ? ************   The Mary Celeste ? ************ EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi Ivor,
Good to hear you have made a start.
Here is a little motivator for you.

Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team

Back to top Go down

The Mary Celeste ? ************
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Modelling Categories & Archived Build Logs :: Rag & Stick-
Jump to: