TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Empty
PostSubject: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Where ever you come from, what ever part of the world..we all live united in one thing!!

The Earl of Sandwich ( Admiral of the Fleet.....link to boating............. and one time member of the infamous Hellfire Club ) did us all a service when, one night, he was too busy gambling to leave his table, and demanded a "hind of beef between two loaves of bread" for his supper!.

Since then his "invention" has risen from the lowly jam buttie to finer cuisine.

Whilst I was sat the other day, eating another "creation" of cold pork apple and black pudding sausage topped with blue stilton cheese tomato and mayo, ( a milder one for me really) I wondered what others like to put on their butties............

Being one to experiment I've tried anything from prawns with mayo and orange slices to vegimite, cream cheese with peach slices...................all yummy! or how about hot haggis with red grape slices and sweet chillie relish............truly scrumptious.

My wife and kids think I'm just off another planet, BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Grin BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Grin BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Grin BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Grin BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Grin

so what's your favorite that you've ACTUALLY tried.......give me some inspiration........I love a challenge!!! BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Cheesy1 BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Cheesy1 BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Cheesy1 BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Cheesy1 BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Cheesy1

forgot to mention the bread, but the nuttier and seedier the better BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Smiley BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Smiley BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Smiley BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Smiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Wensleydale and mincemeat ( as in xmas mince pies ) Nice thick slices of cheese spread with a thick coating of mincemeat on fresh baked bread........... scrummy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:56 pm

now that does sound interesting..........mmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Some fascinating concoctions there lads but I do worry about what inspires you all lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

years of having to eat meat paste or spam on thin white sliced when times were hard..........that's what matey.lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:36 pm

I agree with Neil on that one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The first time I came across the cheese and mincemeat was at a friends wedding in Holmfirth, only then mince pies were warmed up, the top taken off and cheese put in and the top put back on, it was a Christmas wedding. I have adapted it for butties. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mat
Back to top Go down
scalloway41
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
scalloway41

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:16 pm

cold mince (left overs from last nights tea), mash, brown sauce and cheese...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cpt jack sparrow
Gunner
Gunner
cpt jack sparrow

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 am

Peanut butter and salad cream,yummy!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Santos
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Cream Cheese and Chutney mixed together and laid on thick bounce

Chris
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Definatly fresh oak smoked mackeral caught at dawlish the day before touch of gound black pepper and linseed and soya bread with real butter nothing like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Talking of Dawlish, Katy and I go there every year for our holiday in the sun. its our most favourite holiday spot over anywhere else in the world.

The 1 mile sea wall walk form Dawlish Warren to Dawlish I thoroughly enjoy, the kids love the beach at Dawlish warren along with the small amusement park, katy gets her shot of banana fritters, while fishing from the beach was a real cracker in 2009 of the sea wall, and top that off with a night at the amusements spending countless 2p's in the machines to win prizes worth no more then a £1!
Regardless of weather its always warm, even when one year (when Katy was carrying our son) the park was stayed at was flooded up to a foot below the caravan, even so shorts on and Bethany and I headed for the pool!

Katy & I's first visit to Dawlish was when we were still in our teens, a last minute plan to go anywhere with a tent, and ended up roughing it but yet one of the best holidays I have taken in years.

And the best bit of all, its only 1 hour on the train from home to Dawlish!

RR

phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 pm

I have to totally agree with you Aron it just 40 mins by car for us and prob the cheapest carparking on the south coast and the fishing is just great on an evening tide oh and some of the best fish and chips in devon Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Phil, your fresh oak smoked mackerel sounds very nice indeed, I'll have to try that next time I'm down. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mat
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi again Matt it is indeed nice another favourite of mine is a bit weird according to er indoors, toasted banana and marmite suprisingly good Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:46 pm

now that sounds good.....would substitute marmite for vegimite though.not as harsh and salty tasting........think i'll have that one for breakfast tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER   BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER Empty

Back to top Go down

BUTTIES, SARNIES, SANGERS, OR SANDWICHES.WHAT EVER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: