TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings From Western Canada

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruzcontrol
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Greetings From Western Canada Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Western Canada   Greetings From Western Canada EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi all, according to my drivers licence, which is still valid I believe, I am a card carrying member of the Baby Boomer generation which may or may not explain my sunny disposition and desire to build an RC model boat. The only problem I foresee is the fact I haven't got a clue how to build an RC model boat.  

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Canada   Greetings From Western Canada EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Welcome to the Forum. We are very happy to offer help to enable you to build your model. I would suggest that you start with a kit, but I am not aware of the market in Canada so can't really suggest a particular one. Many kit manufacturers grade their offerings which will help guide you.
Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
guzzijohn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Hi Cruz   Greetings From Western Canada EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm circa '46, crawling on all fours learning this hobby. This and other forums are a treasure trove of info and great folks willing to help. Try to find Hugh Bright's book at library - old but quite useful. There are great videos on U Tube on RC or any other realm of interest. I just restarted my project. Bought plans and built hull 2011-12 then it collected dust. "The Quest IS The Quest"! Guzzijohn Minnesota
Back to top Go down
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Canada   Greetings From Western Canada EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 8:57 am

Hi

Welcome to the forum

I would go along to your local club and have a talk with them, lot's of free advice and maybe a good model for sale( just to start you off), then you can make up your mind just what type you would like to build.

Just remember that there is no such thing as a "Stupid Question" we all started were you are

Fred
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Canada   Greetings From Western Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Western Canada
Page 1 of 1