TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dave Milbourn RIP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Dave Milbourn RIP Empty
PostSubject: Dave Milbourn RIP   Dave Milbourn RIP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 am

I have just read on another Forum that Dave Milbourn passed away yesterday after a long battle with Cancer. Dave was active on this and other forums under a variety of nicknames - always ready to give good advice. He will be sorely missed not only as a contributor to the forums, but as a designer of model boats, in particular the Fairey range, and also many of the Model Slipways models. He also rescued Action Electronics when Craig Talbot became too ill to continue.

Barrie

jarvo likes this post

Back to top Go down
jarvo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Dave Milbourn RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Milbourn RIP   Dave Milbourn RIP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Top modeler, and a great bloke to chat with, he will be sorely missed, RIP Dave

Mark
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Dave Milbourn RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Milbourn RIP   Dave Milbourn RIP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 5:12 pm

Dave really helped me out with the electronics on my models. I still have a signed multi speed controller number 1 from him.... deeply saddened to hear this sad news..
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dave Milbourn RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Milbourn RIP   Dave Milbourn RIP EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 2:19 am

Ah this is a sad bit of news, another great loss to our community. My best wishes and sympathy’s to his family at this time.. 
may it be some comfort his passion and skills within the model community inspired many of us, me especially in this hobby and have given us many years of pleasure, advice and grace over the years. He will be sorely missed.

It will be with deep regret that I add his profile to our “”Lost but never forgotten”” group. 

Aron

ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

Dave Milbourn RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Milbourn RIP   Dave Milbourn RIP EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 7:53 pm

What a sad and premature loss to all modellers , he was a great help to me and helped me on many occasions with the current supplier of his units which went through a difficult patch last year .

I knew of his illness but having not spoken to him or his very kind hearted wife , I was not aware of his passing which saddens me a great deal as there is no one who could take his place in my opinion .

R.I.P. dear friend and mentor Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dave Milbourn RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Milbourn RIP   Dave Milbourn RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Milbourn RIP
Page 1 of 1