TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

jaydee's new layout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

jaydee's new layout Empty
PostSubject: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 am

Hi guys back on deck again with my new HO layout, you may remember me from my previous build of the Robt E Lee paddle steamer, I see the thread is still on this site, well my latest interest is in a 3.6 x 3.6 metre HO scale layout with mainly industrial sites and a small fictional town called Bringmire. I  have started this operation by building an open cut mine and all of the associated buildings and vehicles. I am leaving most of the basic scenery items (tree and bushes ect) until I get all of the landscape and rail work in place and in an operating condition. I am also trying to get 1 sheet of the layout finished before starting on the next sheet, my layout is made up of 4 x 9mm sheets of MDF.

This is how I see my layout at the moment this will be changeable as I proceed with the build and other ideas are thought of.

jaydee's new layout Layout10

To start this layout I had to build some form work to hold it at working height so I put a set of shelving to use as trestles.

jaydee's new layout Bench_11

Most of the layout will be of polly sheets of various thicknesses I have started building the mine in layers.

jaydee's new layout Img20211

jaydee's new layout Img20212
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:01 am

looks really good will follow your progress  2thumbsup

david
Back to top Go down
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

PostSubject: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:43 pm

I have had a rethink about the layout that I want to build. I have scrapped the idea of using Bachmann track and have gone with a lot of Peco flex track. I have found it easy to use and looks better than the Bachmann track. Most of my layout will be on a bed of foam and cork track bed. I am now planning a mostly industrial layout as I have worked in some interesting industries all of my life (ie) Quarrying, heavy steel construction and lighter steel fabrication. I have started my layout as a reminder of my days working in most of the quarries around Melbourne these are a few photos of the quarry. I have a lot to do to finish this part, a lot of loose rock lying around, crushing plant has been ordered. While waiting for parts I have started on my water feature more about this soon.

jaydee's new layout Img20213

Placing the blast mats over bore holes.
jaydee's new layout Img20214

Started on some of the mine buildings and equipment.
jaydee's new layout Img20215
Back to top Go down
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

PostSubject: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 pm

I have started on my waterfall because we are in stage 4 lock down from Covid 19 and I can not get parts delivered.
My water feature will be at the back of sheet 2 with a 3 sided rock formation. 
there are waterfalls on 2 faces, feeding into a pond at the bottom, 
it then goes over a small fall and into a lake then out into a river, there are 5 bridges across this watercourse.

I have cut out the basic shape on the rock formation.
jaydee's new layout Waterf10

This next photo is where I got my inspiration for the falls. These are the Dogwood Canyon falls in Missouri USA. 

jaydee's new layout Waterf11

This photo shows some of the rock attached to the foam form work, 
I have also cut the water course at the top of the falls. this will come in from a photo backdrop.
I still have to do the resin water on this diorama yet.

jaydee's new layout Waterf12

Now we have the water course coloured and some more rock detail added.
At the bottom left of the photo you can see the access tunnel this leads to a spiral stair case at the top which will lead to a lookout tower for viewing the falls.

jaydee's new layout Waterf13
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 8:38 am

this is going to look really great when complete love this sort of modelling 2thumbsup .

david
Back to top Go down
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

PostSubject: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:08 am

This is just a little thing I threw together this weekend, it is for the stud farm at the back corner of Sheet 1 on my layout.
Quite pleased with it, have to try the lighting. I need to get back and finish the waterfall area so that I can get this house into it's final resting place.

jaydee's new layout Stud_110

jaydee's new layout Stud_210

jaydee's new layout Stud_310
Back to top Go down
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

PostSubject: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 pm

I have now decided to forget the waterfall area for a while as it is on sheet 2 of my  layout. 
I will now try to finish the stud farm on the back of sheet 1 then I have to ballast all of the track.
I have just about finished the stud farm but I am waiting for the horses to arrive so that I can finish the stables the 
roof is not attached yet as some of the horses will have to go in through the roof.

jaydee's new layout Stud_f10

This shot shows the relationship between the house and stables.
At the moment I am doing the scenery in front and below the house there are still a couple of days work on it and
I am still waiting for the horses.

jaydee's new layout Stud_f11
Back to top Go down
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

PostSubject: jaydee's new HO Scale layout   jaydee's new layout EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 3:22 am

Hi guy's
  I have just about finished the stud farm now with only a little bit of scenery to go into the back corner
I am still waiting for the scale horses  to arrive but here are a few shots of the nearly finished farm.
jaydee's new layout Stud_f12

jaydee's new layout Stud_f13

I had lots of fences and the couple of horse shelters to complete.
jaydee's new layout Stud_f14
Back to top Go down
jaydee
Midshipman
Midshipman
jaydee

PostSubject: jaydee's new HO Scale layout   jaydee's new layout EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 3:24 am

I missed this one out on my last post.
jaydee's new layout Stud_f15

Swab likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jaydee's new layout   jaydee's new layout Empty

Back to top Go down

jaydee's new layout
Page 1 of 1