TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graupner Pegasus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 9:54 pm

I bought this of a bloke in Pwhelli just after Christmas 2019 with a view to doing an electrical refurb and get sailing but once I got it on the bench things sort of spiralled. I've had to work throughout the lockdown as we got classed as key workers so its took longer than planned but I'm about 80% there. Sorry there's no real detailed in progress photos as I just don't think about doing anything like that I just plough on:
Before and during:Graupner Pegasus P8140010
Graupner Pegasus Img_2020
Graupner Pegasus Img_2021
The photo behind the car was from the seller i didn't take that one.Graupner Pegasus Img_2025
Graupner Pegasus Img_2025
Graupner Pegasus Img_2026

Last edited by Swab on Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:00 pm

As it stands now:
Graupner Pegasus Img_2022
Graupner Pegasus Img_2023
Graupner Pegasus Img_2024
I've got some work around the superstructure/ deck join and the bow railings have some modifications to neaten them up but I've got the itch to start a new build and I want to finish this off. I've floated her and it's leak free and with the new props i fitted it's going to be a fast runner. I'll do some photos of it lit up as the lighting has not come out too bad though I wanted to fit more and go for the whole Christmas tree effect.
I've not done a graupner build but this kit is poor it must have been a pig to put together I've tried to add a bit of detail to give it some interest, I'll take more photos when I've done a last tittivate an general finish.
And I definitely want a new stand for it.

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 6:42 am

I love the colour scheme 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Barrie

Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 8:56 pm

The picture with the Orange battery is from the chap i bought it from so it's a 'before'
Graupner Pegasus Batter10
Graupner Pegasus Img_2027
Graupner Pegasus Img_2028
I've still got to 're-secure the motors as the original rubber bands rotted away but my rewiring and new power board works fine.
Also thanks Bournville is not a huge pool so I don't think it needs the all white scheme Llanberis lake demands and I like the blue hull white uppers, there was a line up of yachts last time we were in portugal and that scheme looked just right.
I need to paint my replacement railings and add some extra details.
Graupner Pegasus Img_2030

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 11:57 am

Very nice,
I really like it.
Great job.
Back to top Go down
brock43
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptySat May 20, 2023 10:34 pm

A beautiful job my late dad swapped some racing boats bits for one of these some 25 years ago. It always upsets me when I think of sailing her as we lost her in a garage fire and we where unable to replace her. Think I still have the prop tubes though we saved from the melled mess.
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus EmptyTue May 23, 2023 8:44 pm

I was doing a refit and fitting loads of lighting into it ready for our illuminated regatta in September but I'm so tied up in work and generally mojo less with boats it's not progressing. Thanks for the compliments though much appreciated.

brock43 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graupner Pegasus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graupner Pegasus   Graupner Pegasus Empty

Back to top Go down

Graupner Pegasus
Page 1 of 1