TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Everard - Dropkeel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stewpot
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Stewpot

Will Everard - Dropkeel Empty
PostSubject: Will Everard - Dropkeel   Will Everard - Dropkeel EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 7:35 pm

I am building the Will Everard (Billings Boat) How do I attach the Dropkeel to the hull? 
The drawing is at best challenging. How does one attach part# 51 to part # F539. It would appear just to slip on then glue. Not very satisfactory.Will Everard - Dropkeel Dropke10
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Will Everard - Dropkeel   Will Everard - Dropkeel EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 8:33 pm

What I did was to fix F539 to the inside of the bulwarks pass it through the hole and create a 'hook' on which to hang the paddle. I then glued the paddle to the hull to fix it. I assume you aren't hoping to sail the model. Rolling Eyes

Here it is before F539 was cut and bent.

url=https://servimg.com/view/17072593/1501]Will Everard - Dropkeel Dscn0941[/url]

I'll try to get a better photo tomorrow if it will help, although I'm not sure if it will be clear enough.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Stewpot
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Stewpot

PostSubject: Re: Will Everard - Dropkeel   Will Everard - Dropkeel EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 11:37 am

Thank you for your reply and advise. Billing Boats' instructions are at best vague, particularly when one is a beginner. Your help is very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Will Everard - Dropkeel   Will Everard - Dropkeel EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Yes - Billings instructions stop just when you need them Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes There are a couple of build logs for the Will Everard on this Forum under Rag & Stick - they may help you if you need more clarification, but don't hesitate to post if you have more queries.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Everard - Dropkeel   Will Everard - Dropkeel Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Everard - Dropkeel
Page 1 of 1