TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch Empty
PostSubject: Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch   Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm

I’m posting this on behalf of my old man (aka Dad)

Last year the wife and I brought my dad a 3” steam boiler and twin ossilating engine kit for his 70+ birthday, it’s something he’s always wanted for many many years of boating with me but an item he’s never brought for himself usually because he’s forever bailing one of my brother out..

My old mans collection of boats is impressively huge, the fact it takes up half a garage is something...

Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 1a854110
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch C3f69a10
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch D48d2f10

As you can see he’s running out of space and frankly I think he’s at the point where he wanted to do a final long term project, feeling for my old man we decided to get him an engine so he can build that final model he wants...

Anyway best part of a grand later one steam engine kit arrived at his door in a million parts ready to be assembled, it’s only since the lock down he’s managed to start building it! ( to be fair he was building a boat for someone else for the last 18months) but now he’s freed up to do something for him self, one of my younger brothers brought him the Orions steam laugh hull in which the engine will work, I believe he’s semi freelancing the build overall with just plan and reference photos for a guide as these types of boats are not mass produced and all are vastly different. Some vertical some horizontal boilers.

Anyway my dad sent me some photos of the steam plate assembly and fully finished ready for steaming, ( these kits are pretty easy to put together quickly) so I thought in would share his progress... I’ll update as my dad progresses over the next few years.

Enjoy!

Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 25841c10
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 971e0810
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch C6deec10
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 3c2d5010
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch B6245010
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 0f4d7910
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 53649a10
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch B168a310
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 97409710
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch F4218610
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 9b293d10
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch F457bd10
Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch 2e5a5910

Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch   Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:05 am

Little video of the engine running under steam and pressure tested.

Enjoy 

Aron

Jim K likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com

Roadrunners “old mans” steam launch
Page 1 of 1