TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Downloadable 3D printed submarines!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Downloadable 3D printed submarines! Empty
PostSubject: Downloadable 3D printed submarines!   Downloadable 3D printed submarines! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 pm

Has anyone see this guy?

I’ve been watching this guy on YouTube for a while with his rc subs, last night I wandered over to his store after watching a 3D printed British sub he made as was advertising on his channel to buy the files to print yourself....

Discovered that he has quite a range of downloadable print files at reasonable cost to print a range of subs, some are quite impressive like the original Nautilus, sea quest dsv from the 90’s ( stars the jaws actor) and a good range of British, American, Russian subs.

He’s also got ready to go RTR and kits!

Defiantly worth looking at if your into subs and got a printer!

https://www.rc-submarine.com/3d-cad-files-for-subs

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Downloadable 3D printed submarines!   Downloadable 3D printed submarines! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Two types of ship models that have never appealed to me are sailing yachts and submarines lol! lol!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: Downloadable 3D printed submarines!   Downloadable 3D printed submarines! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 7:56 pm

I love submarines but I want a few more builds under my belt before I have a dabble, we are seeing the future here download and print yourself.
I like yachts as well but hell will be frozen over before I'd ever race.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Downloadable 3D printed submarines!   Downloadable 3D printed submarines! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 pm

I love sailing yachts, so much so I have built more of them than I have actual motorised boats! the last sub I built was the original sub surface dynamic diver from speed line models ( little yellow thing) they brought it back a few years ago I heard, but I’m proud to say I brought the original... only problem I had with subs was poor water clarity for sailing them along with the lake I used was a salt water one which played havoc with the running gear.

Wasn’t to long ago I almost brought the x craft grp mouldings from models by design but when I went to finally buy the set he had taken it down and sold the moulds to someone, I’ve yet to find that kit again such a shame really, the only other sub I liked as a model is the gato class but the only version around is the revel kit which I’ve built twice, but it’s a fiddle model to make dive in its scale, I just wanna go big or go home with a sub!

Anyway just though I would share the link if others were interested in having a go, or even selling a few to ppl like me
🤪🤓😎
with no 3D printer nor the time to learnt to use one... sadly that technology is beyond me due to the cad/3D moddling programs I just can’t wrap my head around them.

Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: Downloadable 3D printed submarines!   Downloadable 3D printed submarines! EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 10:40 am

There was a recent auction on e bay for a Robbe type 7 virtually untouched and boxed which went for £129.00p I wonder if the submarine community are now gearing up to use hyper accurate 3d prints now instead of improving older kits like this with etch and laser cut decks etc?
Back to top Go down

Downloadable 3D printed submarines!
Page 1 of 1