TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

p.s. waverley

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

p.s. waverley Empty
PostSubject: p.s. waverley   p.s. waverley EmptySun May 12, 2019 7:00 pm

there will be no Waverley this year her boilers need replacement and are looking for donations   cheers

WAVERLEY WITHDRAWN FROM SERVICE

Waverley Excursions Ltd deeply regrets to inform our loyal customers and supporters that Paddle Steamer Waverley will not operate in 2019.  As part of the winter maintenance programme we have been undertaking boiler works. Unfortunately, after extensive consultation and investigation it is now conclusive that the ship’s boilers require replacement.
We immediately face a significant challenge to raise the required funds to reboiler Waverley and return her to service. Waverley is owned by a Registered Charity which will shortly be launching an appeal to ‘Save the Waverley’ and ensure she sails in 2020. We fully appreciate any support at this time to help return Waverley to steam. Please donate now by clicking here.

p.s. waverley 2012_010

this is my pride and joy of Waverley. I hope they can do the repairs, as I still haven't been on her yet. last time I booked to go on her they cancelled it. but I hope one day soon I will make it  scratch

david
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

p.s. waverley Empty
PostSubject: Re: p.s. waverley   p.s. waverley EmptySun May 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Thanks for putting this up David 2thumbsup , I had no idea she was in trouble, I have just donated £25 to the cause to try to keep the wheels turning, please excuse the pun, one day I would love to take a trip on her. 2thumbsup

Edit. I have also shared this with my Facebook friends and a group that I go on to try to get more folk to donate. I think you can donate as much or as little as you can afford as it is mainly donate by PayPal.
Back to top Go down

p.s. waverley Empty
PostSubject: Re: p.s. waverley   p.s. waverley EmptySun May 12, 2019 11:29 pm

she's a wonderful ship to sail on...……...been on her over the last 18 years or so many times...…..fabulous cruises from Largs and Keppel piers…..the last time she was in trouble a wonderful couple from Largs who won £165,000,000.00p on the Euro lottery donated £750,000 to her upkeep ………..so I'm sure they might be stepping up to the mark again with the old girl...……..she is a national treasure and a great asset to the town of largs from which she sails daily through the summer months...……...I don't think the dosh will be long in coming. 

p.s. waverley Img_0016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

p.s. waverley Empty
PostSubject: Re: p.s. waverley   p.s. waverley Empty

Back to top Go down

p.s. waverley
Page 1 of 1