TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE

Go down 
AuthorMessage

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Empty
PostSubject: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:13 am

This looks really a good potential .

I don't buy models off eBay as I don't know what I am getting in to...….

it looks ropey, but I think that it would make a really good potential  as an entry into scale sailing which I have fancied for some time...………..only got around 40 hours to go...………

what do you guys think……..with some nice proper rigging and brass bottle screws...……...does it have potential...……..

and of course I'd change the name to DIANA!!!

I am undecided.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/model-boat-with-green-sails-used-on-its-own-stand-Laura-Ann-5ton-gaff-yawl/153320132622
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 am

I reckon it is very undervalued at the moment and guess I could get it for a little over the ton or short of 150...………….hope i'm right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 3:49 pm

well, I got the sweet little thing for 62 quid....which I'm pleased about...……..going to re-rig it with new cord, brass ferrules and brass working bottle screws, and then enjoy sailing it next summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 9:45 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Make her hatches secure Neil Emmy Berry sank on a mid july winters day in 4ft 6in water with waves around 8 inches a good 100 ft of shore silly me stripped of to jocks & t-shirt silly me left my specs behind Jo was yelling left right lol, I eventually spotted the top of main mast in the trough of a wave with a 5in sq hatch missing when the squall hit it laid her on her side and the hatch floated away lesson learned the hard way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:08 pm

I remember going fishing in fleetwoods lake for a friends square rigger years ago........he was confined to a scooter so in went muggings fully clothed.……...I did find it but was soaked head to toe and so it was a trip home for an early bath for me, lol...…….similarly he hadn't fixed his hatch...…………...I vowed then that all my hatches would be wave and water tamper proof from then on...……...going to collect it tomorrow., lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 pm

well this is what I paid £62 quid for and its an absolute gem...…just needs a good clean.a 5 ton gaff rigged yawl!

double diagonal planked hull, and resin sealed inside.....beautiful steel galvanised mast and rigging fittings, a motor and a servo to the rudder......needs sorting inside but that wont take more than a few hours, and then a good clean and I have my own beautifully built sailing boat...…..can't wait for the summer...……..62 quid well spent. 

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Img_1023

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Img_1024

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Img_1025

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Img_1026

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Img_1027
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE   POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE Empty

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE EBAY PURCHASE
Page 1 of 1