TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mini drill press.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 5:22 am

I finally dawned upon me whilst attempting to drill 1mm holes with a 540 motor fitted with a mini chuck that my hands are no longer steady enough to use them to accurately drill holes and current drill press only just takes 2mm drills just.
While perusing an ebay sellers site I found a Mini drill press it takes .6mm to 6.5mm it set me searching for more like it.
This is the cheapest I found,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bench-Top-Mini-Drill-Press-16000rpm-for-Wood-or-Metal-Hobby-Table-Top-0-6-6-5mm/232907782210?autorefresh=true&autorefresh=true
I found a solution

So I treated myself to a Christmas present.
Back to top Go down

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 5:27 am

I finally dawned upon me whilst attempting to drill 1mm holes with a 540 motor fitted with a mini chuck that my hands are no longer steady enough to use them to accurately drill holes and current drill press only just takes 2mm drills just.
While perusing an ebay sellers site I found a Mini drill press it takes .6mm to 6.5mm it set me searching for more like it.
This is the cheapest I found,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bench-Top-Mini-Drill-Press-16000rpm-for-Wood-or-Metal-Hobby-Table-Top-0-6-6-5mm/232907782210?autorefresh=true&autorefresh=true
I found a solution

So I treated myself to a Christmas present.

It arrived today

Two pic's with a 30cm or 12" ruler to show size.

Mini drill press. Img_1111

Mini drill press. Img_1112

pity about the glare.
Back to top Go down

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 pm

that is one neat little tool matey I have to drill some 1mm holes or less in brass and putting the job off...….but might be one investment too much for 20 little holes, lol.
Back to top Go down

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 pm

As long as ya hands are steady mate found I couldn't hold the the little 380 and 540 powered drills steady enough to clean up the 1.2mm & 1.6mm holes in the brass mounting holes on Volcanoes wheel rims.
Back to top Go down

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm

ive used these for years.....I was lucky enough to have my Fathers old ones as he was an optician and used to repair the threads on glasses

Similar to these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pin-Chuck-Set-x3-Collets-0mm-to-2-5mm-Drill-Bits-Suit-Lathe-Vice-Drills/392102523599?hash=item5b4b21b2cf:g:IIsAAOSwViRbcvnU:rk:9🇵🇫0

Dave
Back to top Go down

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks Dave I'll buy a set I have drills down to .15mm and this mini drill takes .6mm as the smallest. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mini drill press. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini drill press.   Mini drill press. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini drill press.
Page 1 of 1