TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GET WELL STAVROS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 12:53 pm

I must bring to the attention of the MANY who like Stavros for his forthright comments, that he is unwell at the moment and in hospital, having suffered a stroke, and I hope that those, like myself who have known and benefitted from his help in the past you would like to wish him, and his family a very speedy recovery and prayers for the future.

my dear friend, Stav and you are a dear friend, who has supported me more than you can know, I truly wish you a very speedy recovery matey, but take it easy, nil illigitimus carburundum, take all those lovely nurses and doctors advice, and if you need anything that I can possibly do for you during your recovery...just ask....keep calm, and take your recovery seriously...….you have a good wife and lovely kids to keep you company....take care my friend.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Very sorry to hear that. Model boaters have a lot to thank Stav for, especially those of you in the North.
Make a speedy recovery Stav.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 1:31 am

Please pass on my best wishes for full and speedy recovery for Stavros.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 8:16 am

I'm very reliably informed that Dave has had a "minor stroke" and was hoping to be allowed home yesterday. Iain Lewis of Component Shop had already arranged to visit last night, so if I hear anything further from him then I'll post it here.
Dave M
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 9:42 am

Best wishes to family and himself.. strokes are lethal things, and can have disatirouse debilitating effects, let’s hope he’s come out unscathed with no permanent damage, only 18 months ago I lost a friend to a stroke, used to pop by my workshop daily after work, then suddenly it’s parilised from the left side top to bottom and the 2nd one killed him a year later..

Stavros I hope you recover well! Take it easy and lay off the chocolate bickies!

inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 7:05 pm

RIGHT THEN!!!
From the horse's mouth:
https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62151.msg655103/topicseen.html?PHPSESSID=4pop2ah6bal4mjb3uuiihfjp37#msg655103

DM
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Hiya Kelly Stavros and the girls.
Glad to hear Dave is home again for the second time,and hope he certainly starts taking advice from those who know!
 I think its about time you gave up those Ginsters pasties matey,and if we do get back to your neck of the woods next may,I will bring you a proper Cornish Made one,as at Blackpool!
Seriously though my friend,please look after yourself,and count up to ten as they say.We all want you better.
Your Family and Health comes first.!
Best wishes,
from Mick and Margaret
rendeer rendeer lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Well Lads and Lasses it is TRUE unfortuantly for you lot I am alive and kickicking BIG TIME....

Yes I did have a stroke and was readmitted on the thursday but that was for a flipping infection so guess who is now rattling every morning....Been told to take it easy for the next month ....and well you know the rest.

So RNR it is and guess who has been allowed to go to the shed ........beleieve it or not by madam so boat building it is full steam ahead and also been allowed out to go Fly  Fishing no need to tell me twice on that one believe you me.

The only thing this stroke has affected me is a very SLIGHT memory loss and lack of concentration....Greta when you forget to put the washing on I can blame it on my condition HE HE.....seriously it is a darned pain in the derrier.MMMMM Must remember to put hardener in the paint I spray !!!!!!!!!

Another little side effect is that I swear a lot ....nothing changes there.

And Yes i will be doing as the Doctor says and will be taking it easy

THANKS a LOT for ALL your KNID WORDS means a lot 

Dave
Back to top Go down

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 am

good on ya mate...…..I found the build for the st 200 from the model boats mag...…...had photocopied a set if you want them mate...…..just send me your address and i'll post them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GET WELL STAVROS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET WELL STAVROS   GET WELL STAVROS Empty

Back to top Go down

GET WELL STAVROS
Page 1 of 1