TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mountfleet sealight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

Mountfleet sealight Empty
PostSubject: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Well at last I’ve started working on the Clyde puffer. It’s been a year upstairs in its box. As you can see motor, prop shaft, rudder, battery and smoke generator are all in place. Sound module and speaker can be fitted later. This is going to need a lot of weight to make it sit right in the water. Mountfleet sealight 59713b10

Mountfleet sealight 81b24510

Mountfleet sealight Dc78ac10

Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 pm

an interesting build as I built an original northlight puffer many years ago, and she sailed beautifully.
Back to top Go down
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Some weight put in and the inside sprayed red. Decks are glued in. Bulwark need filling and sanding next

Mountfleet sealight Fa3fb810
Mountfleet sealight 1be0cb10
Mountfleet sealight 7da2c410

Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:27 pm

2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 12:53 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Well with the way things are at the moment there’s no reason why I shouldn’t get on with this puffer. So I’ve been working on the main hatch. Lots of fiddling little brackets gussets and ring bolts to fit. This is going to take some time to get it right, but will get there in the end.
Mountfleet sealight Bf22c610
Back to top Go down
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Gussets fitted and hatch boards cut out, these need staining and ring fitted. Next hard job is getting hold of some paint in these hard times. 

Mountfleet sealight Ad2e7b10
Mountfleet sealight B2d0a010
Mountfleet sealight C5062710
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 12:54 am

Really nice, I do like the mount fleet kits, always fancied one of their ww2 converted tugs, I forget then name off hand but excellent work.

For paint try eBay, look for fast and free on their delivery.. they usually dps/Hermes or parcel force 48 that stuff. Even in this climate.

Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Painting hatch today. Managed to gets some paint delivered quick time from scale model shop. Trying some weathering affect so using air brush to get this finish. The colour I’ve picked is a Camouflage Light Brown Vallejo Model Air. The reason I’ve picked this colour is because with these puffers being used in the war. Private Walker from dads army ( or equivalent for that area)has supplied them with army camouflage paint in exchange for some coal that is on its way to one of the Scottish island distillery. Very Happy  This is the first time I’ve tried this and following YouTube videos I’ve sprayed black down on the corners and fittings. This was dry with hairdryer and the brown was put on in fine layers until I was happy. I’ve have a grime wash to put on after when I’ve tested it on a sample. Coal will be added at the end as well as ring pull handles and tarps covers. 

Mountfleet sealight 83c4a310
Mountfleet sealight 57e35f10
Mountfleet sealight C8305110
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:25 am

You did the pre shading method good job really nice on the weathering effect.

Pre shading is a bit of an art form on its own at times looks like you got the hang of it tho so well done 👍🏻

Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptySun May 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Mountfleet sealight 4fc02610
Mountfleet sealight 73719010

Sometime back I was chatting to a nice lady in the bank about my boat building and she told me her husband works with wood vaneers. I said I never thought of using that on my boats. The next time I went in she a shopping bag full of the stuff. How nice was that. So I’m trying it out and it seems quite easy.
Back to top Go down
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight EmptyMon May 04, 2020 11:13 pm

This veneer decking turned out to be real easy and after a clay wash it was just the effect I wanted Very Happy

Mountfleet sealight 808d2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountfleet sealight   Mountfleet sealight Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountfleet sealight
Page 1 of 1