TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Empty
PostSubject: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 am

As posted in my Josie Olsen thread I purchased this fold up hand truck on ebay with the idea of extending the handle and the base. 
Pic's will show efforts today first pic is as purchased.

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching S-l16013

With 25mm x 10mm Aluminium angle added to the base and up the upright bars ready for the 25mm wide woven strap for model support whilst launching.

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1117

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1116
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

I shall be watching this with great expectations Damien...……..as I also bought one a while ago from ebay for 34 quid, only to find that ALDI  were selling them a couple of weeks ago for 12 quid...…...bahhh humbug.

I also bought it as a launching trolley for my lifeboats.

so I'll let you get through all the teething troubles and then copy your finished item. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 2:53 am

Gee thanks Bud.

Just discovered the slightest weight on the model support cord causes the it to fold up also causing the wheels to also collapse inwards  90 degrees more thought needed Grrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:44 am

Problem solved I had an A4 sized piece of 3mm aluminium sheet it was cut as per this first Pic.

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1120

The slightly oval opening at the top of the black plastic moulding at bottom was used to hold the ally against the handle assembly I used some scrap 20mm sq hardwood sanded to shape. 

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1118

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1119

Some 6mm brass rod was used for a retaining pin with cord attached so it doesn't get lost

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1121

A little thought on your models centre of balance prior to placement of model will ensure no accidents with model falling off on way to water.  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 am

The extended handle attachments made and fitted with some 3mm plastic epoxied in place also fitted with 2mm felt to help lock it in place once the 6mm threaded rod and wingnuts arrive I'll determine the positioning of the locking bolts.

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1122

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1123
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:45 am

Almost complete Just waiting some wingnuts for the detachable section and the webbing for model support.

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1126
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:15 am

well made Damien  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 am

2thumbsup Thanks David.  2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 7:54 am

Finally got back to shed and finish this launch trolley.

The total handle height is 1.45mt or 4.75ft

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1128

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1132

And folded up sitting on the hooks behind my scooter seat.

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Img_1127
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching   Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching Empty

Back to top Go down

Modifying a fold up hand truck for model launching
Page 1 of 1