TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds

Go down 
AuthorMessage

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Empty
PostSubject: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:53 pm

I rarely find anyone who does what I have always done on different forums!
But I too used to make patterns for just about anything.
Currently , just to keep my hand and eye "in", I do slot cars.

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds 0031010

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit110

I have no idea why you have 2 1/32nd scale Amilcars.  The image arrangements for this forum are a complete pain. I can never just put up more than one without this happening and then I can't delete one of the doubles.
The Honda is the Hondola, designed by Lola at the time.  These are cast in resin for PreWing Models from my patterns.
I have done this for decades (first pattern was 1971!), raised a family on it and now just do it to keep busy for friends.

The Amilcar sits on photo-etch wheels that I designed as well as nobody did 19" skinny wheels for slot cars. Done for RS Slotracing. I do all his masters.

MARTIN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Model railway stuff for N-Drive.

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit210

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit310

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit410

Ah, we seem to have cracked it.  The top 2 are in 1mm nickel silver to fit N-Drive's 9mm gauge chassis. The Aynmouth lobster boat, drawn from Charlotte in the town, is in 1/76th scale for N-Drive's burgeoning scenic ranges.  For which I've also done Nissen huts, a Fifie fishing boat, a Crossley WW1 tender and a 1/43rd scale Triumph Model H motorbike.

Martin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:03 pm

I suppose the most impressive model so far would be this one...a 1/6th scale pattern for a kit of a Vincent Black Shadow motorbike.  This took a long time to to!
SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit510

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit610

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit710

Etc.

Been a brass basher since I was 13.

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:06 pm

One of three Rivas I made for owners. Entirely scratchbuilt from then Unavailable Riva company drawings. 1/12th scale.

Miss Britain III in aluminium, containing fully piped, fully wired Napier Sea Lion engine.  Totally scratchbuilt from measurements taken at Pitsea Museum before the council threw it away.
Miss America X , scratchbuilt for an American architect in 1/8th scale. 4 Packard 2500M V 12s with pipes and wires, batteries, superchargers and carbs.  Even 2 Teddy bears to cover marks I accidentally left on the seats! This was 5 Feet-3" long.  Now in Artie's restaurant in Fairfax, Virginia.

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit810

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit910

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Edit1010

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 pm

STUNNING WORK...…...THE VINNIE is beautiful...……...I await to see the engine and gear box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:17 pm

I do hope you continue to post pictures of your builds. thank you.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 1:22 am

just as a matter of interest, do you call yourself Beaches on another well known website solely geared towards shipping and nostalgia related to that topic. , as I have seen your diorama of the little rowing boat on  another web forum, under that name.

if memory serves me correctly, you are also a superb artist of sea and ship seascapes…………..could you show us some of these on your thread that I have created for you.

thanks, neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPECIALBUILDER......my builds   SPECIALBUILDER......my builds Empty

Back to top Go down

SPECIALBUILDER......my builds
Page 1 of 1