TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Driving in rain

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Driving in rain Empty
PostSubject: Driving in rain   Driving in rain EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:04 pm

One day I stepped from my desk, looked out the window, and stared at the sky. The sun was blinding. The clouds were all gone. Wet pavement steamed below. It was time for me to go home. I was glad the rain stopped. The one thing I dreaded was a twenty-mile drive in a storm. On the way home, I neared a section of road that always flooded in heavy rains. I could see water in the distance. Nearly five hundred feet of roadway were covered in what appeared to be eight inches of water. An approaching car hit the puddle. Water flew outward in waves as it plowed through. In the distance, I saw another car approaching. Judging by our speed, I estimated we'd hit that water the exact same time. Using my limited brain power, I decided to be pro-active: I turned on my wipers! I KNEW a blinding wall of H20 was coming. I was taking action to avoid the blinding effects. We DID hit the puddle at the same time, and showered each other in a wave of brown, muddy and icy water. My wipers did their job. I was pleased briefly. I had anticipated what was coming, and my plan worked almost perfectly. As I drove on, however, I noticed water dripping into my lap -- from my glasses and face. One question kept repeating itself in my mind: "Why the HELL didn't I close my car window?" 
Back to top Go down
stafen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Driving in rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving in rain   Driving in rain EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 11:00 am

Well, I enjoy your story.
Back to top Go down

Driving in rain
Page 1 of 1