TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So long - and thanks for all the fish....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Empty
PostSubject: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 am

I've been a contributing member of Mayhem for twelve years (2000+ posts), during which time it's had its ups and downs. Currently there's a new breed of member who looks for advice from others and then shouts it down, often with little or no knowledge or experience of the subject. I became so fed up that I asked for my membership

So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Lifeba10

to be deleted. This was the response. No thanks, no opportunity even to read the forum as a guest. A lifetime ban. Thanks a lot, Martin, and good luck to your new electronics guru.
Dave Milbourn
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Never mind Dave - you are welcome and appreciated here. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Barrie

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks, Barrie. I forget to mention that it's only just over a week since I donated a significant sum of money so that Mayhem could keep going. Screen Snip below. There's no accounting for some folk, is there?
What's the betting that I get a refund?  No - me neither!

DM
So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Mayhem10
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Yes - I've held off making any donation as I am not sure Martin has the will to seek out a new Hosting Company. Its not really all that difficult, although transferring all the posts will be tricky. I usaually confine myself to just a few of the sections and read more than post.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 2:49 pm

I whole heartedly agree with you Dave. It seems that the stalwarts of the forum are brushed aside for the newcomers that are "making a name" for themselves by offending those that have been there for some time.

We even had one member bragging that he had had 80,000 views to his build of a model.He has a long way to go to reaching my 3.2 million views over the past 12 years that I have posted good, well informed and interesting build reviews and other posts........but sadly us old stagers seem to be forgotten.

Sadly I am appalled how a certain manufacturer is being treated by a constant bombardment of totally negative criticism of his new kit, and yet the owner of the site is willing to overlook this debacle.

I will make an open offer here and now for that manufacturer to join this site, and enjoy the review that the model deserves, for soon there will be a totally unbiased build on here of that same kit by an EXPERIENCED  builder, and reviewer for 3 British and one US model magazine, plus Model Shipwrights final Christmas edition of their book.

It is sad that Dave felt it necessary for him to remove his own membership, but even worse for him to be banned for life for doing so.

I hope that we can all remain calm as Mayhem goes through these trials and tribulations, for it is probably the best site for modelling and build information in the world, but I for one, and my views are shared by quite a goodly number, is in need of some kind of overhaul, because a few people are spoiling it for the many by their vindictiveness towards others, and sadly it is this minority which is listened to as they are shouting loudest. As for creating an offshoot forum to build a model, and restricting membership to those who Will not object to constant criticism being made of that model, is allowing for dictatorship within that break out group and elsewhere.

We live in a democracy in this and most of the countries that membership belongs to, and to restrict that freedom of speech is an insult to ALL  those members past and present who fought for it during the history of this world.

I shall say no more other than to say ALL are welcome to join this site, but it IS NOT  a site for pontification or raising ones ego to highlighted level by destroying others, and in the few years history of this site, we have never had to step in to moderate an argument, such is the standard of membership of those on here. Please let it stay as such.

Neil, Moderator.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:46 pm

It’s always a sad state of affairs when long term contributing members of the model industry come to the conclusion that they feel discard.

Dave let me personally remind you, you are more than welcome here. You have helped me out on more than one occasion and I swear some projects would have ended in the bin if not for you.

This goes for all members here and mayhem. All are welcome here providing your able to keep the forum peaceful.

At the end of the day these forums are supposed to be an outlet to share information, experience and ideas. The day when this cannot be accomplished thanks to the faceless trolls of the internet without recourse are the days when a forum fails.

I take pride that I’ve now run this forum for going on 6 years and have yet to deal with such drama. (Publicly) however anyone who needs a good rant you can personally email me or use my mailbox for it!

We may be small but we grow every year, our database is always full of interesting ideas and grows daily with the help of every contributing member.

It’s with thanks to the forums mod team that most spillage dose not end up here.

Building boats is supposed to be a hobby, don’t let the oppionions of others effect you enjoying what you do, I don’t, and don’t let those trolls win by rising to their occasion.

After all you know what they say about idiots, “ they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience”

Aron

inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 pm

My thanks to Neil, Barrie and Aron for their moral support - it really is important.

This debacle coincides this weekend with me emptying out my beautiful brick-built workshop in anticipation of our house-move next Wednesday. There is no workshop or even a spare bedroom there, so my vast assortment of tools and materials will have to linger in nameless boxes in the garage until we can have an extension built. I dare say I'll soon find the soldering station and side-cutters to keep Component Shop in stock of ACTion stuff, even if I have to put up a camping table in the garden to do the work!

I'm told that my lifetime ban from Model Boat Mayhem, which in actual fact amounts to barring my IP address, has been "rectified" and that I can now view the contents of the forum as a guest. As I said to Neil, not a lot for fifty quid but something to tell the kids about anyway.

Who knows? I may take a look there one day, but not soon. I'm not planning on building a Speedline Shannon lifeboat just yet... 

Dave M
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 pm

inertia wrote:
My thanks to Neil, Barrie and Aron for their moral support - it really is important.

This debacle coincides this weekend with me emptying out my beautiful brick-built workshop in anticipation of our house-move next Wednesday. There is no workshop or even a spare bedroom there, so my vast assortment of tools and materials will have to linger in nameless boxes in the garage until we can have an extension built. I dare say I'll soon find the soldering station and side-cutters to keep Component Shop in stock of ACTion stuff, even if I have to put up a camping table in the garden to do the work!

I'm told that my lifetime ban from Model Boat Mayhem, which in actual fact amounts to barring my IP address, has been "rectified" and that I can now view the contents of the forum as a guest. As I said to Neil, not a lot for fifty quid but something to tell the kids about anyway.

Who knows? I may take a look there one day, but not soon. I'm not planning on building a Speedline Shannon lifeboat just yet... 

Dave M

even in the face of lunacy and adversary, you are chipper mate.........it's good to have you as a friend. cheers...........

I had a whim about moving back to Fleetwood autumn last year, but thankfully my kids put a stop to it s I don't have to move, store or sell my vast quantities of tools collected in a lifetime......pheeeuuuwwww!!!.........once I've gone to the great carpenter in the skies i'll leave them for the kids to sell in aid of a Shannon kit for you dave lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 pm

just seen a message from another member of mayhem........when is martin going to begin listening to older and wiser members of the forum.........

or more to the point, how long will this post remain in full view before it is removed in the true ethos of free speech.

"Dear Martin,
I have not been well for some months now, and was very ill over Christmas and New Year.  In fact I am still not anywhere near back to a reasonable state of health, but one thing that keeps me a little chirpy is reading mayhem, the comments and some of the builds, especially the builds on the Shannon lifeboats. [/size]
Neil, my friend from mayhem sent me my models to me here in Calgary some time before Christmas and I was overawed by the incredible quality.[/size]
However, I am most concerned by the criticism that is being raised against it from one of the builders constantly. I myself have in my possession the model, and to be honest, there are but 2 small items from the whole kit missing, and the kit itself is an incredible piece of model kit development and engineering and no where near deserves the criticism that is being leveled at it.[/size]
[/size]I have been in business both in England and here in Canada for more than 60 years, and do know something about engineering, having spent most of my life restoring, fabricating parts and repairing British motor vehicles for all that time, and if a person had tried to rip my business apart by writing such nonsense about my products, I would have been in the courts to sue both him and the published media that he was reporting such nonsense in.
I could quite see that should Speedline Models come to the end of their patience and make such a move regarding this persons very negative criticism about the model, it would not only be that author of such tripe that is brought to court, but yourself as owner of Mayhem that has allowed him to platform his undeniable gripe towards Speedline Models and Adrian Gosling.[/font]
I speak to you as both a concerned business man and a member of a superb forum which I would hate to lose because of one mans vendetta for no conceivable reason.[/size]
Please take this as the help and advice that it is intended to be, and keep on mayheming..[/size]
[/size]
Best regards, Mick Burke, Calgary, Canada"[/size]

I wonder!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Chuffing unbeleivable Dave......another member we have lost .......maybee Colin Bishop is next me or whoever....Must admit I do get rathe rrattled when I ans a paint queery and the knowalls start to crittisise ...unbeleivably even Coiln does it scarecly beleive

The other Dave
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Thanks, DJ. Mayhem is not a happy place at the moment, is it?

BYW I've just checked Paypal and there's no refund yet... ;o)

My workshop is now totally empty - even the last bottle of JD has gone. Unutterably sad.

DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 12:08 am

did you drink it in commiseration at leaving the wonders of mayhem behind, lol
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

Nope. I drank it because it was almost finished and I needed to sling the bottle away. Sorry to be so boring.
DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm

inertia wrote:
Thanks, DJ. Mayhem is not a happy place at the moment, is it?

BYW I've just checked Paypal and there's no refund yet... ;o)

My workshop is now totally empty - even the last bottle of JD has gone. Unutterably sad.

DM
You can send Martin a money request through Paypal for goods you havnt recieved ...I WOULD DO IT...I am willing to dontate to Mayhem BUT wont do so at the moment till Martin grows some GONADS and gets rid of hte DROSS HE HAS ON THERE...especially the IDIOT who is building hte shannon....same as a certain other member as well
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Dave
Martin would argue that it was my choice to leave when I did, which is certainly true, so he can have my fifty quid for all the good it might do. I don't want to dip a toe back into those waters until, as you say, there has been a wholesale clear-out of the trolls and bully-boys. From past experience I would say that is most unlikely.
Meanwhile it's M-Day minus two-and-a-half and my Huntsman is still for sale on E-Bay until 3 o'clock!
The excitement is killing me...
DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 pm

there is a world of trouble on that site at the moment, and the chap in question just laughs with his little emoji at stav, martin and the site by doing so..............

It is insulting to Martin, the mods and the site where so few have done so much to help so many in their modelling over the years.........

I cannot believe that he is allowed to carry on, because like a finger in the hole in the dam, once the finger has been removed again, the hole will only get bigger until the dam cracks open and is totally destroyed........sticking plasters over festering sores just wont work............the infection has to be cut out and totally cleansed. 

I wish martin all the best, but I doubt that he will listen to plebs like me and stav and dave, because we are naughty boys, and it's easier to get rid of us than someone causing trouble for all, and if he doesn't realise that, then I feel very sorry for him and all that he has worked and achieved over the years that mayhem has thrived.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 pm

oh dear, my mate BFSMP  has just got in touch with me, he has just been banned from the Mayhem  site, he presumes it is because he reported the post where someone was laughing about the situation and felt it inappropriate........he has been locked out permanently........similar injustice....

I do feel sorry for martin......but  c'est la vie. 2thumbsup

All the best Martin, ............YOU'LL ALWAYS BE WELCOME ON THIS SITE.

Neil

Last edited by nhp651 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Think it must be the infamous NIGHT OF THE LONG KNIVES......watch your backs guys......... just received this photo............

even my pug is sad at the news that we received, lol.

So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Img_7412

So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Img_7413
Back to top Go down
Colin Bishop
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Stock up on the JD Dave, you will need it to settle in, A rosy glow always improves the reception of new surroundings. (and dulls the magnitude of everything that needs to be done)

Colin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 pm

nice to see you on here Colin, 

you are a welcome member as all are.

now, that I've had my grumble and grump about things, and my plasters have come off the dog bite, I can get on with my new lifeboat build.

enjoy your stay, and your honest appraisals are always welcome.

take care to all. 

neil.
Back to top Go down
Colin Bishop
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Thank you Neil,

We may differ from time to time but I will always  try to be friendly and civilised. After all we all want to promote the hobby in all its forms.

Colin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 10:17 pm

you know me, colin.........a bit of a hot head, with the bite of a Rottweiler.........but really i'm just a cute little ugly puggly really, just like that wee beastie sat on my computer desk.

every one has their squabbles but as you say, we are all here to build model boats and to pass on our experience to others, and I have no hard feelings over our past squabbles........all forgotten as far as I am concerned.

take care and maybe one day we'll see a few photos of your Brenda on here once it has been published in the model boats........

it might even have been, as I can't get a copy these days..............used to be able to amble into poulton a couple of miles away.........but the shop went when a new supermarket was built on the site, and blackpool's smiths don't stock it............nearest place is preston 25 miles away.....and don't get down there..........7 years teaching in the place taught me on thing.........it's not a pleasurable place to walk around, lol.
Back to top Go down
Colin Bishop
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Brenda has been published. I'm quite pleased with the result.

Colin

So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Brenda12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 pm

she's a beautiful and very unusual ship, Colin..........and you, I think are like me in wanting to build those that don't usually appear in the normal  builders list.

good to see,
Back to top Go down
Colin Bishop
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Yes, when not building kits for review I prefer my scratch built projects to be as unique as possible. It's not difficult really. People do tend to build from a rather limited list a lot of the time. So many Bismarcks....

I also prefer older designs before everything went all rectangular. It might make economic sense but the visual appeal has laregely gone with modern vessels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Adrian Gosling, please get in touch.   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 5:42 pm

I now have a problem with conscience!

the problem is not in returning the items, which I must, but how.

last summer I picked up two models of the Shannon kit that Adrian /speedline is producing, and boy were they absolutely out of this world,, unbelieveable quality, and just 13 small bits missing which Adrian was producing and having problems with moulding........or at least his moulder was...........but these were soon sent.....much the same as any mountfleet model kit that I bought prior to dan taking over from the late frank hinchliffes estate.

about 2 weeks ago a note from parcel force came through my door, addressed to the geezer next door that a parcel had been returned to the sorting office, and so I handed it over to him that evening so that he could collect. 

on Saturday he came to my door and said contrary to the card being addressed to him, it was in fact for me and addressed to me......so this morning I collected it.

opening it up I found that it had been sent over 2 weeks ago by signed for mail........and contained.................a pair of beautiful brand new [to be assembled] Hamilton 1;12 scale water jet drives for the larger model...........and some small brass etched parts.....ALL OF WHICH  I have already received.

I rang Adrian this morning twice on his works mobile but both he and terry his shotgun must have been very busy as no answer, so left a message.

I don't want to send back via the royal mail as they might get lost, so if anyone IS  in touch with him, could they ask him to ring me please.

his head must be all over the place with what has been going on over the dark side, but these are too valuable to send to anyone, willy nilly......at £350.00p a pair that is some loss.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Colin Bishop
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Neil,

It would seem that you are the latest person to experience problems in contacting Adrian then.

I have been following the whole sorry Shannon saga on Mayhem and don't have an axe to grind myself. It does seem to me however that the arguments are down to some basic misunderstandings.

Adrian has been very ill, nobody can dispute that and it has obviously had a knock on effect on his business and in particular production of the Shannon Equally I think any reasonable person will acknowledge that and sympathise and will cut him some slack in delivery delays.

But we seem to have got into a position where there are two sides to the situation. Adrian's friends are understandably protective, perhaps overly so and wish to be supportive. Nothing wrong with that. On the other hand we have customers who don't really know Adrian and have placed orders on a normal commercial delivery basis from an advertised business. They have frequently paid upfront and either so far not got what they paid for or have received deliveries with parts missing. At nearly £1k a pop they in turn are understandably unhappy.

Where things seem to have gone wrong is that Adrian has done himself no favours by becoming difficult to contact and not responding to emails and left messages. When people have got through he has made promises that items have been/will be despatched that have subsequently proved to be untrue and it is that which has really annoyed people who might otherwise have been mollified had he been a bit more honest with them.

As Stavros has pointed out, no kit is perfect when it comes to market (some more than others as we all know!) and people are generally willing to make allowances and engage with manufacturers who are making efforts to improve their offerings in the light of feedback. I think Adrian is genuinely trying to do this but in fits and starts and he does appear to be struggling and frequently unresponsive. I don't know what his financial situation is but I think it would be in his best interests to take stock and regroup rather than to try and keep juggling all the balls in the air as he seems to be doing at the moment. I think people would respect that given his personal health circumstances. It would also be really good if he could offload the business aspects of his operation to someone better able to shoulder them and concentrate on what he does best which is the superb engineering.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Colin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 pm

not really colin..........normally I get straight through to Adrian.......we have a good chat once a fortnight at least, and he was coming up to see me last Wednesday but sadly he had the funeral of his mum in law the next day........sadly for the family I might add, not for me. I have given Adrian the moulds and plugs for the steam lifeboat I was building and then, excuse the pun, I ran out of steam building it, and for only the second time in my life, got bored building it and so offered the model as it is to Adrian as well....

as for what you say about him, everything you say is totally true, and even he admits that,  and I had our disagreements a few years ago, but I feel for him or anyone who is both fighting illness and baying wolves.

I have strong feelings about that, for my brother in law had been a Methodist church minister and then superintendent minister [ similar in "rank" to a bishop in the C of E  church, from the age of 23 when he passed out from theological college. HE fell ill just 3 years or so before retiring and had breast cancer misdiagnosed and sadly passed away just months before retirement age. There were similar reactions amongst his congregation of love towards him and those who disparaged him for not, in his hours of illness go and administer to others sick and needy, and I for one will always stand firm on that.

Adrian is needing rest and recuperation, and last time we spoke he told me that he was leaving the running of the company to his friend Terry and going on holiday with his wife somewhere hot and sunny, [only just remembered that]............was not having a dig at his not answering my call, was just concerned for him...............but remembering the holiday, he's probably soaking up the sun with a gin and t next to him..................and good luck to him. he deserves it.

I just hope he's either not unwell again or snowed under with work.we'll be in touch within a few days I reckon.

cheers. 

neil.

Last edited by nhp651 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colin Bishop
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Neil,

You are probably right, he is snowed under and perhaps still unwell. In those circumstances you do need to pace yourself rather than trying to do too much and that is perhaps the root of the problem. Hope things work out for all concerned. I know there are more customers for the Shannon out there but they want to be assured that they will get a complete kit on receipt of their money. I like lifeboats and am an Offshore member of the RNLI as a holdover from my sailing days but although I love to see lifeboat models they are not by usual build subject.

Colin
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 am

Back to the original subject of this thread. Here is Martin's post today.

Just for the record

It is with regret that I/we feel something needs to be said about any tendency towards cyber bullying on the internet, 'social networks and as far as we are concerned, Model Boat Mayhem, i.e. this Forum. We are not being over dramatic, but if some members feel that they can no longer continue with builds due to constant attacks, ( inclusive of, snipes, jibes, hostile criticism, trolling, denigration, etc.  ) this IS considered 'Bullying.' and has therefore NO place on Mayhem.
( Full Definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying )

We are 'all' friends on here and we can talk maturely to each other, without forcing our own personal opinions on anyone.

See:
 http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2186.msg21366#msg21366

Not sure he's quite got that right myself, but at least he'd recognised there is a problem.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 2:03 pm

nhp651 wrote:
you know me, colin.........a bit of a hot head, with the bite of a Rottweiler.........but really i'm just a cute little ugly puggly really, just like that wee beastie sat on my computer desk.

every one has their squabbles but as you say, we are all here to build model boats and to pass on our experience to others, and I have no hard feelings over our past squabbles........all forgotten as far as I am concerned.

take care and maybe one day we'll see a few photos of your Brenda on here once it has been published in the model boats........

it might even have been, as I can't get a copy these days..............used to be able to amble into poulton a couple of miles away.........but the shop went when a new supermarket was built on the site, and blackpool's smiths don't stock it............nearest place is preston 25 miles away.....and don't get down there..........7 years teaching in the place taught me on thing.........it's not a pleasurable place to walk around, lol.
Now listen you lot,I take umbrage that my name of rottweiler has been used without my pemission,and I demand an apology forthwith LOL
Oops that name is used on another site that is under discussion.
I have also made supportive comments defending Adrian,and Speedline,but as yet I have not been banned,but dont hold your breath!
I totally agree with Stavros,that the continual running down of the Shannon kit is now completely boring,and has been totally unnecessary,after the initial opinion he gave.I note this morning that Martin has made the statement reproduced above about cyber bullying and trolls etc.Does not the continual running down of Speedline constitute cyber bullying???
The suspension of the subject was supposed to be reviewed on wednesday,but instead,the build has now been discontinued on mayhem but is carrying on on a members only site.Well Im afraid I will not be applying.
Welcome to anyone who is joining this site,it is a much happier forum than mayhem.I am sorry for the way mayhem is heading,but losing such valuable members who have made such wonderful contributions,is not going to help it continue.
Well thats my troll for today, keep up the good work on here,and let them get on with it on the other site
Mick F aka battleshipbuff aka rottweiler lol! 2thumbsup 2thumbsup Thumbup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 3:30 pm

I actually feel sorry that the thread has been deleted, for it was an informative collection of photographs which would help anyone enormously, and had it not been for all the negative criticism and sniping between photographs instead of what could have been step by step techniques on how to build, it would have been a very good build indeed.

but sadly now gone for all.

c'est la vie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

barriew you have hit the NAIL on the head with the classic line and I QUOTE

Does the continual running down of Speedline constitute cyber bullying ???

This is a CLASSIC sad state of affairs where Martin can not play by his OWN rules 

and I quote his own words to me A LEVEL PLAYING FEILD

Laughable really as him and his moderators can't these days run a Wee Wee up to a brewery and NONE of them have any GONADS. and that is FACT

I Know for a FACT and have suspected this for  awhile that there is a SPY  in the cab so to speak...GO ON copy and paste this and go running back to Martin...NOT bothered if I get a LIFE BAN ...Mayhem is NOT WORTH the read anymore 

OH dear me have I broken the rules here as well by cyber bullying he he
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pm

calm down boys, I'm the first to be a hot head, but we don't want this site closing down and I don't want it turning into a clone of mayhem..........let's all let the dust settle now, and enjoy peaceful model boat building on here, like we are used to...

and there's a point...........what about you putting your TID tug on here Dave.................it is a noteworthy job and should be given air time.............building is our forte on here...............lets all settle down and get to doing some.

I was fed up of all the arguing over on  the dark side, guys.............just want some light relief on here.......A haven of peace and tranquillity.

thanks. neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:28 am

Everyone seams to have said their 5 cents so I’m going to lock this topic before it starts getting out of hand.
It started out as a bit of a vent ( which I’ve no issue with ) but I can’t have it turning into a cross forum slagging off match.( which is where has started to end up)

I think we can all agree on that.

Let’s remember to keep the peace after all that what the point of this forum was about. A drama free zone when the mayhem starts to go “sons of anarchy” we can still continue with the whole ying yang of serenity.

So let’s all get back to the issues at hand and that’s boating!

Any issues please pm me.

RR

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So long - and thanks for all the fish....   So long - and thanks for all the fish.... Empty

Back to top Go down

So long - and thanks for all the fish....
Page 1 of 1