Share | 

Billings Norden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Billings Norden    Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:43 am

For my next project I have acquired a kit of the fishing vessel Norden, made by Billings. I got it for about half the price some stores charge, although 2/3 rds of the usual eBay price.
I did think there was an outside chance of being able to convert it to RC, but I am now not so sure. It is only about 30 cms long and built in two halves - each half being built on half a keel as it were. I'll wait until I have built both halves then decide if there is any way of creating a void to allow the installation of motor etc.

The first problem I came across was that the board on which you build each half was warped bounce Luckily I have a piece of thick ply, and am using that.

There isn't much room between bulkheads so in order to ensure they are square, this is all I achieved today. I am using aliphatic glue at this stage so have to allow time for it to dry.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Damien
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Billings Norden    Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup We do what we must Barrie.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Billings Norden    Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:02 pm

I fitted the remaining bulkheads (side 1) today.Ready for planking. First to go on is the bulwark strip which is ply - looks about 1mm so will need lots of steam or hot water  Shocked Won't get a chance tomorrow - taxi duty calls lol!

I also made a new cricuit board for the Firetower, so may be able to test that tonight.

Barrie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Billings Norden    

Back to top Go down

Billings Norden
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Slipway :: Build Blogs!-
Jump to: