Share | 

down at the lake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: down at the lake   Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Thought I'd start a new thread for anyone wanting to post pictures of themselves and their clubs sailing days at the lake.

I'll start with my totally embarrassing morning down at Southport model boat club's open day.................took the new Jupiter for a sail, and due to my ineptitude and incompetence which resulted in me not being able to manage hand eye co ordination on two simple spinning devices.........my model just wouldn't go any other way but round in circles..............it was like watching a dog chase it's own tail, never being able to catch it..........

looks like I am going to need a lot of practice if I'm not going to embarrass myself in front of the Scottish contingent on the bonny bonny banks of the Clyde at Largs in 3 weeks time.

to say the skipper was drunk, might be pushing it..........but it sure looked like it.

how can managing two little spinning bits of machinery be sooooooh difficult to work cohesively.

it's no wonder our ladies say we can't multi task!!!!!.....and sadly I didn't have a 3rd hand to take any photos with a camera......sorry, maybe next time lol.

However......the resident members took my stupidity in their stride.......and quietly laughed to themselves......a goodly bunch of chaps and ladies.............I did come away with a prise though.............NO!, not for my model or even seaman-ship.........a bar of Toblerone on the roll a ball stall...........better than any cup..........I can eat it, lol.
Back to top Go down

down at the lake
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: