Share | 

down at the lake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: down at the lake   Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Thought I'd start a new thread for anyone wanting to post pictures of themselves and their clubs sailing days at the lake.

I'll start with my totally embarrassing morning down at Southport model boat club's open day.................took the new Jupiter for a sail, and due to my ineptitude and incompetence which resulted in me not being able to manage hand eye co ordination on two simple spinning devices.........my model just wouldn't go any other way but round in circles..............it was like watching a dog chase it's own tail, never being able to catch it..........

looks like I am going to need a lot of practice if I'm not going to embarrass myself in front of the Scottish contingent on the bonny bonny banks of the Clyde at Largs in 3 weeks time.

to say the skipper was drunk, might be pushing it..........but it sure looked like it.

how can managing two little spinning bits of machinery be sooooooh difficult to work cohesively.

it's no wonder our ladies say we can't multi task!!!!!.....and sadly I didn't have a 3rd hand to take any photos with a camera......sorry, maybe next time lol.

However......the resident members took my stupidity in their stride.......and quietly laughed to themselves......a goodly bunch of chaps and ladies.............I did come away with a prise though.............NO!, not for my model or even seaman-ship.........a bar of Toblerone on the roll a ball stall...........better than any cup..........I can eat it, lol.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 am

hi,
this was my second time this year i have been able to go sailing due to health issues. i was all geard up for a nice afternoon sailing my lifeboat prince david Very Happy , which was based at barry south wales. it was a slight breeze but thought she would be alright. well a strong wind came from no where, and she capsized, sadly one crew member has been listed missing at bottom of the pond Sad Sad . so that was my day sailing over as i had to wait till she drifted in to reach with my pole rod. i managed a few photos before she capsized. also when i got her home i tryed all the electrics and they all work fine few what a releif that was  Shocked .

you can see how calm it was on the water,

then this gust of wind came and over she went i didnt take any photos of that i just wanted to save her. Shocked

they fitted a drop board in the centre of the real  boat to help stop them capsizing, but i dont think this would have helped. she is motorized so i presume they would only use sail when it was very calm.

david
Back to top Go down
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:50 am

RIP little man,.............have you a photo of the little brave man lost david, because if you do and he was 1;12 scale, i'll send you a replacement crew man similar as best I have to help man your boat for future shouts.

I see they are wearing the kapock vests.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:47 pm

hi neil,
this is the only photo i can find, he is the one sat down in the middle holding the pole. i made him some time ago. 

david
Back to top Go down
Damien
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:03 am

Rest in peace matey.

A lovely model David  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:53 am

DAVID, I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOUR LITTLE FELLAS, IT'S JUST THAT I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE BROKEN A BONE IN MY FOOT...[sorry caps lock....not shouting]......and I've been hobbling for weeks and is getting more painful as it mends.......so not getting out to my workshop very much...........

but I will send them as soon as I feel somewhat better.

neil.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:06 pm

hi neil ,

there is no rush, its good of you to help me out thanks 2thumbsup 2thumbsup . hope you soon get better and lose the pain in your foot, what  with all the other aches and pains, if you are like me you dont no which hurts the most Laughing

david
Back to top Go down
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 pm

davidjt wrote:
hi neil ,

there is no rush, its good of you to help me out thanks 2thumbsup 2thumbsup . hope you soon get better and lose the pain in your foot, what  with all the other aches and pains, if you are like me you dont no which hurts the most Laughing

david
too true, david. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: down at the lake   

Back to top Go down

down at the lake
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: