TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL Empty
PostSubject: A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL    A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

This morning my mate, Cptn Rodders invited me down to the lake at fleetwood for a sail with his new build steam ( electric driven) trawler Akranes.

I had to take my daughter to the doc's as she'd had a bad asthma attack at the weekend, hospitalising her and so was an hour late.

he'd only just lifted it out the water, but said I could have a play with her ( the trawler)........she sailed beautifully until I brought her round for a last pass by, and noticed she was moving slowly, and said I thought the battery was going, and so took a photo of it with my phone cam.

When I looked up her decks were awash, and she was going down by the stern.............. and at that I jumped in the lake fully clothed to retreive her.

all my mate could do was wet himself laughing, and make the remark......"No b*****y wonder there are so many fleetwood trawler wrecks around with x****** incompetant skippers like you around"

now anyone else had an embarrasing moment this weekend,

Sadly gowing down by the stern...even the real ship didn't suffer that ignominious end...she was sold to a fishing company in Rangoon , Burma, in 1929 and not scrapped until the late 1950's

A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL 00610
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL    A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:41 pm

one question where did all the water come in from, up the shaft?

PostSubject: Re: A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL    A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

no matey.........he'd put a reverse combing onto the superstucture that slips down into the hull, rather than one sitting proud of the deck..this was done because of the very little space to get into the hull....it took a pratt like me to not ask this, and i sailed it though some rough weather, not realising that every wave over the deck was actually flooding the poor thing............my fault entirely......derrhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL    A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Na mate not your fault, his... after all you didn't build the boat, and you didn't get warned that she can't take rough water.. he was stood next to you right and didnt say anything? lol!

The words ''Rodney you plonker'' spring to mind lol!

Kleban
Midshipman
Midshipman
Kleban

PostSubject: Re: A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL    A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:16 am

My embarrassing moment took place a couple of months back.

I currently have two boats; a Tug and a Club 500, and only one crystal Embarassed which I alternate between the boats.

I had a conversion made to my tug and took it down to the lake to try out. It sailed very well. I then put the Club 500 on water and pushed it away from the side of the bank. As it drifted off I had no response from the transmitter. My club colleagues once again came to my rescue and used their boats to push mine back.

Well, you guessed it. Yours truly forgot to take the crystal out of the tug and put into the Club 500 !!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL    A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL Empty

Back to top Go down

A RATHER EMBARRASING MOMENT, LOL
Page 1 of 1