TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motor supression

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Motor supression Empty
PostSubject: Motor supression   Motor supression EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 pm

I am fitting a Graupner Speed 600 8.4v motor with the number 3301 on the casing. The instructions such as they are say helpfully that "Certain motors are fitted with basic suppression" but don't say which ones!  The terminals are bare with no visible capacitors or resistors.  Could somebody please advise me whether I need to add supression and if so how.  The radio controls just the rudder and speed controller.  Many thanks.  (I should add that I am building the Minotaur admiral's barge from Roy Bullivant's drawings and have found that the patterns for the frames are taller than the side view if the hull. Not impressed.)
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Motor supression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor supression   Motor supression EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Richard,

If you are using 2.4Ghz then you probably don't need suppressors, but to be a good citizen to anyone sailing with you NOT on 2.4, then check this from the Component Shop Website

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/small-rfi-kit.html

Barrie
Back to top Go down
RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Motor supression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor supression   Motor supression EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks.  I have two capacitors one marked 104 and the other 473.  And what looks like a resistor marked SR506 JGD.  Are these what I need?  One end of the black resistor is silver - is that important?
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Motor supression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor supression   Motor supression EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Richard

Fix the 104 capacitor between the motor terminals. Black item sounds like a Diode and is NOT used for suppression. Ideally you should add two more capacitors (104) between each terminal and the motor can, but you should be OK with just the one.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Motor supression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor supression   Motor supression EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Many thanks for such a prompt and helpful reply.  I can't work out why the diode and the 473 capacitor were in the pack - must have been left over from some other project!  I'll go with the single 104 between the terminals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motor supression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor supression   Motor supression Empty

Back to top Go down

Motor supression
Page 1 of 1