TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decals My way.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Decals My way. Empty
PostSubject: Decals My way.   Decals My way. EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 am

I needed to make decals for my Emma C Berry as she needed a rebuild after shifting house in 1985 Melbourne Vic Au to To Hamel WA Au then a return 18 months later round trip 5000 km although well packed in 2 tea chests joined together she didn't travel well in the trailer with our other possessions and required re-finishing Replacement Decals were not available.

So I made decals.

No printer back the I took a piece of blotting paper and painted it with PVA glue when dry a 2nd coat was applied when it was dry I painted it with Humbrol Clear a few days later with Humbrol silver I I started on the lettering and filigree work when all dry another coat of clear a few days to dry and the decal  sheet was ready to use .
 the PVA takes a bit longer dissolve than the normal decals though.
Emma's name boards were cut from 1.5mm ply and painted prior to decal placement.

Decals My way. DSCF4283_zps5ptfclaj

Decals My way. DSCF4281_zpscouixa1y

The silver has faded somewhat and the clear has yellowed but ever we change with time and this was 29 years ago.

The filigree decals.

Decals My way. DSCF4282_zpsaedvi5tf

Decals My way. DSCF4284_zps3sr8omuy

Sea Road Lady name board printed on Clear Decal paper With a top coat of Acrylic clear to seal in the ink.

Decals My way. DSCF4291_zpsnq6njjbh

And Lady of the Lake printed on printer paper with acrylic clear to both sides and held in place with double sided tape.

I hope this gives board members ideas and sparks brains to action producing your own interpretations of these suggestions.

Damien.
Back to top Go down

Decals My way.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: Tips & Tricks!-
Jump to: