HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Just thought i would share a few pics of my 99% finished Gato class sub ready for the show on Saturday.

She's missing a few rigging lines from the stern to the conning tower outriggers, but i have those detachable in case anything knocks them in transport and snaps off the support post which won't be good, she is unweathered as i have a glass display case for her and don;t want a weathered sub.

Enjoy the pics.

RR

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Looks great... must get round to building mine...
Back to top Go down
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 pm

very nice job RR,. did you build her as a sailing sub or purely static.
neil.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 am

Static only i have limited interest in subs, i only got this as it was £30 from model zone, i certainly wouldn't have paid the full £70 for it.
she will look good once on my window seal in the bedroom, mind you Friday i freaked out... i loaded it in the car, my dad went oh that's nice and went to give it a poke... he knocked the entire sides rails so they all snapped off, (see i'm so glad i didn't put the rear rigging lines on or the coning tower would have gone too) so there i was at half 7 at night in the boot of the car with some super glue and a pin doing urgent repair work. luckly... fixed and no visible damage, but man i was not happy.

Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 am

Nice job ,next sub a gato!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Models by design do an X Craft sub which would be my next venture into a dynamic diving sub should i get enthusiastic about it, they also do a Gato set of mouldings. This kits from Revell simple to put together and looks fine on the shelf.

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The RC Model Boat Forum :: Modelling Categories :: Submarines-