TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BBC 15 Minutes of fame.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

BBC 15  Minutes of fame. Empty
PostSubject: BBC 15 Minutes of fame.   BBC 15  Minutes of fame. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:14 pm

A while ago I posted on here( I think ) and on Mayhem before I was made inactive, regarding my 15 minutes of fame on the BBC TV One show.

The plan to do an article on the BBC 1 TV prog about me and my ode lifeboats and about being saved by the RNLI as an eight year old boy......bit embarrassing actually, but then the producer decided that he and his assistant prod want to do some filming of my models.............

however they wanted to get me to get all my models together, but when I explained that I only had three models in my possession as the others had gone to the four corners of the UK and beyond they asked me if I had friends who would like to bring their models and sail them in a flotilla with me for the cameras.

I feel that this could be an eye opener for the public to see what us modellers can do and I offer an open invitation to anyone who would like to bring a SCALE MODEL boat and sail it for the BBC to film.

They did suggest Lake Windermere as a venue as they will be coming from Glasgow to film but a date to be set later this year when things warm up.

here below is the email I got from the assistant prod of the show, a lady called Jolene.

So if anyone is interested in coming along, it should be an interesting day of filming.

----Original Message----
Date: 11/01/2016 16:14
To: "thenhps"
Subj: Your Boats / The One Show

Hi Neil

Thank you for your time on the phone, lovely to chat to you.

We do feel that we really need the flotilla to make the piece come to life, but wonder if we might be able to do what you suggested and get other boat makers to meet us on the day, and your boats could lead the procession.

If we got a drone, it could look really amazing.

If you are potentially interested in this as a lovely way to end your boat making career, we would come to your workshop and hear your story, and watch you putting the finishing touches to your final boat – the ferry, and then head out in the afternoon to do the flotilla. (We always have to do all our filming in one day).

If this sounds like fun, it would be great if you could keep me updated on the progress of the boat, as I would need to start getting in touch with other model makers and arrange a date to gather. (I’m sure you must know lots of people, but I’m very happy to do the leg work).

Best wishes

Jolene

Jolene Crawford
Assistant Producer, The One Show 

BBC Arts
0141 422 6228

BBC Scotland I Zone 3.29 I 40 Pacific Quay I Glasgow I G51 1DA I UK

I did ask my mate to ask permission to put the story on Mayhem but he never heard anything back from Martin, so if any of you guys are members on the site and care to put on this plea for help from fellow modellers I would appreciate it......it certainly would be a shot in the arm for the hobby............might even encourage some younger kids into the hobby.

Neil
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: 15 mins of Fame   BBC 15  Minutes of fame. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:21 am

Hi Neil,
I would absolutely have loved to come to this event with a few of my rarer models,but as you know its one helluva trip for me!
I do hope you get some support from those a bit nearer
Good Luck,
Mick F
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC 15 Minutes of fame.   BBC 15  Minutes of fame. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 3:52 pm

cheers matey..........I tried replying yesterday but my pooter went haywire and froze, lol.
Back to top Go down
Just add water
Gunner
Gunner
Just add water

PostSubject: Re: BBC 15 Minutes of fame.   BBC 15  Minutes of fame. EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:20 am

I noticed Jolene mentioned a Drone, well I have a DJI Quadcopter I use for Ariel filming Can you pm me more details as I may be able to help.

Here is a clip of my filming.

https://youtu.be/d6zC-KjbR38

Bernie.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC 15 Minutes of fame.   BBC 15  Minutes of fame. EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:24 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup  Bernie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC 15 Minutes of fame.   BBC 15  Minutes of fame. Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC 15 Minutes of fame.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: