TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat

Go down 
+10
Beyno1968
Ramsey
Just add water
barriew
davidjt
Roadrunner
battleshipbuff
zetec
troutrunner
gribeauval
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:11 am

Roadrunner wrote:
Absolutely smashing build bud, many congratulations on another superb build, thanks for sharing it with us!

I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say were looking forward to your next project!

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

RR

Glad you enjoy what I do.

Next will be a refit/rebuild of a Waveney for a client in Torquay ( in truth already half done!! Thumbup , build log to follow)

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:23 am

Roadrunner wrote:
Absolutely smashing build bud, many congratulations on another superb build, thanks for sharing it with us!

I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say were looking forward to your next project!

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

RR

Ditto from me.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:40 am

Absolutely outstanding. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Barrie

Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 11:09 am

Ditto all of the above, looking forward to more of your inspiring work 2thumbsup

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Thank you gents. Thumbup 

Client has collected the boat and seems pleased with the result.

Mike

Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Rhyl Mersey   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Yet another wonderful build Mike,
I am so proud to own two of your builds,which as part of my display,help raise a lot of donations to the R.N.L.I.
Thank you my friend
Mick

Back to top Go down
Ramsey
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi I’m looking for someone to build me a Mersey class boat I’m not looking for it to be fully working as it is for display only as I use to be on a Mersey and would like 1 to display in my house would you be interested in building it for me please

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Ramsey wrote:
Hi I’m looking for someone to build me a Mersey class boat I’m not looking for it to be fully working as it is for display only as I use to be on a Mersey and would like 1 to display in my house would you be interested in building it for me please

No build slots available for at least 18 months.
Back to top Go down
Beyno1968
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi
I am just about to start building a Mersey Class lifeboat build and was wondering what thickness plasticard you used for the cabin structure.
Chris

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Beyno1968 wrote:
Hi
I am just about to start building a Mersey Class lifeboat build and was wondering what thickness plasticard  you used for the cabin structure.
Chris

mike, I think you'll find always uses 1.5mm mdf board if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 8:44 pm

Beyno1968 wrote:
Hi
I am just about to start building a Mersey Class lifeboat build and was wondering what thickness plasticard  you used for the cabin structure.
Chris

nhp651 wrote:
Beyno1968 wrote:
Hi
Chris

mike, I think you'll find always uses 1.5mm mdf board if I'm not mistaken.

Both wrong!!

I use 2mm MDF. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Back to top Go down
KenD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
KenD

PostSubject: The plans   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:11 pm

This is absolutely fantastic. How did you do the plans and are they available?

Murphy and Martin555 like this post

Back to top Go down
Murphy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 8:31 am

Fantastic build log, well done.
Cheers, Murphy

Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 6:56 pm

gribeauval wrote:
With the fine weather over the last couple of days the outer roof panel was made and glued in place, along with the front floodlights. Every opening was then masked off to keep the paint out.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 Hull-128_zpssw1hw0n8

The whole structure was then given two coats of white primer/undercoat and, after leaving overnight, two coats of orange topcoat today.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 Hull-129_zps8lv5dxwy

This will now be left for at least three days to allow the paint to harden off before work on the outside is started.
As a fellow scratch builder its nice to find another who's work bench is a scene of organised chaos to others , and I also collect useful bits in my slop chest which form the model under construction ....

A pleasure to find I'm not unique ......love the detail ....turns and average model into an excellent one ...Well done Mike

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 10:21 am

Hi Gribeauval,

I spent some time this morning reading this build log.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

You sir are a true master, your attention to detail is excellent.

Awesome build.
Well done.

I am already looking forward to your next build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4