TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY Empty
PostSubject: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 pm

I have had one real bad day today....arguments with kids who are stressed out because of exams, stressed out because they going for an interview for the merchant nay......car needing a new tyre and bumping into a scrote who I took to court some time ago......to the doc's this afternoon because I had a brain fart yesterday and have had headaches for days.......to be told I had possible sleep apnoea............

and then I got home.........to an enormous box.......with my mate Dave Metcalf's hand writing on it............

Ohhhh......what could it be, as I haven't ordered anything.

Dave, the wonderful man that he is, and a very good friend too........................has sent me a lovely present, out of the blue and a very kind gesture too...........

Tonight I received a lovely Hibernia Fire tug kit.

never expected and a lovely kind thought from a great man.

I am going to put it away for my retirement in a couple of years and when I build it I will have great pleasure in thinking of our friendship for over 25 years.

what a man he is.

cheers dave.........and I hope you enjoy your retirement too mate.

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY 001_co10

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY 002_co10

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY 002_co10

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY 004_co11

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY 003_co10
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

I want freebie model kits!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 1:51 am

Awwwww so do I lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:00 am

I did however receive 9 cans of spray paint, some body filler and some fine surface filler for free today off the chairman of our club... 

guess that counts  alien

Mind you one can of black gloss one white gloss 3 cans of lacquer, one silver, one of bright orange ( typical as that's the springers color!) one half used can of filler primer, I guess that's the touch ups done for the fleet!

I know Neil said its for his retirement.... but we all know he won't retire.. guess u better hurry up and finish that life boat and start this one  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:04 am

Sounds like you've been set up Aron as Mr Fixit.  2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 am

Its the result of a model maker locally passing away sadly. the chairman just handed me a bag of parts and said, ''if you can use them have em''

A few cans i need rest i'll put up on the clubs facebook page for other members to have a grab at, i'm totally keeping the fillers tho!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:13 am

Sad time.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:49 am

It seams to be, i lost my granddad (fathers side) 8 weeks ago just as i got out of hospital, i have however inherited his tools, which i must say have helped my workshop progress and finally a BA set of taps and dia's! no more pinching dads set!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:11 am

I had a lady stop me on the street the other day asking if I would give her my number as she was wanting to sort her husband's workshop.....

he was a member of an old mb club we had going some years ago..........now deaf, blind and going ga ga he is about to go into respite care, and she told me I could have the gear and tools if any good to me..............but as I am retireing I asked her if I could sell it all and donate the money to the RNLI.....she said that would be fine, and so am just now waiting for the go ahead to go and collect it all...............will put it on here first before it goes to ebay.......just when I get it I don't know but probably after he goes into care
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:53 am

I look forward to seeing the list Neil as you've probably guessed i'm addicted to tools.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 am

Damien wrote:
I look forward to seeing the list Neil as you've probably guessed i'm addicted to tools.

The Man who dies with the most tools wins 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup  Will leave them to his son  2thumbsup 2thumbsup  Who's trying hard to out do me  2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm not quite sure that statement about who has the most tools wins,...

If i compare my twin workshop ares to my dads, i will win hands down with shear volume of tooling..

Problem even with my dads lesser quantity of tools. he still manages to get things built faster and better then i do.. hence why i spend half my project times at dads shed!

I guess is not what you have, its how you use it that wins.

I will also admit that my dads shop is 90% hand tools, where mine is 90% power toys... you'ld think i'ld know better by now. 

Don't try to compete against the old boys they will beat you every time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:07 pm

i got plenty of tools around me, but none can be used for making things..............in fact they need locking up lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY   WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY Empty

Back to top Go down

WONDERFUL END TO A S***Y DAY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: