TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whats your Favourite Tool?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Whats your Favourite Tool? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your Favourite Tool?   Whats your Favourite Tool? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:32 pm

For most of us modellers/Diy'ers we have all accumulated a wide selection of tooling, from drills too table saw,s from lathes to routers.
But i'm sure out there in your workshops there is a tool or two that you couldn't live without, or one that is your up most favorite to use when your modelling, so what is it? 

I actually have 2 one i cannot live without which is my tiny metal work Square... which has seen better days and used to be shiny, nothing some oil and wet and dry wont fix.

Whats your Favourite Tool? Img_0432

The other is my finishing plain a little 2 1/2" brass and walnut plant with a razor sharp blade, guaranteed to get everything smoother then a baby's arse.

Whats your Favourite Tool? Img_0433

Whats your Favourite Tool? Img_0434

Last edited by Roadrunner on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com

PostSubject: Re: Whats your Favourite Tool?   Whats your Favourite Tool? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:12 pm

they are all my favs when I need to use them, but as you say those I couldn't do without are my squares just like yours RR, and my trusty electra bekum band saw.
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Whats your Favourite Tool?   Whats your Favourite Tool? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm

That question is a tough one!!! I don't have favourites because some of my less frequently used tools might get jealous!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I do have loads of different shaped pieces of wood with sandpaper glued to them, very useful on my latest project (a 1/43rd scale 1950s Smiths (NCB) milk float)
I couldn't do without my lathe & milling machine, also my 3d printer & scanner get a bit of use now although getting my head around 3d cad is not easy...

Mark..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your Favourite Tool?   Whats your Favourite Tool? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 am

No favorites all my tools are essential life would be difficult without them my other half might disagree though however as my son's collection has far surpassed mine I can't be wrong I didn't lead him astray honest.  2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your Favourite Tool?   Whats your Favourite Tool? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Tool?
Page 1 of 1