TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watson total refit !!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

Watson total refit !! Empty
PostSubject: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:32 pm

A while ago I took an old model of a 47ft Watson as part of the payment for a model I built for a client. This boat had been in storage for many years and was not in the best condition but the grp hull was watertight and the deck still attached. The superstructure was in a worse state but some of the fittings were still usable.

Watson total refit !! Original-001_zpsb9a3c81a

Watson total refit !! Original-002_zps3b8eb433

Watson total refit !! Original-003_zps46ac6c0b

Watson total refit !! Original-004_zpsba0d153c

Watson total refit !! Original-005_zps196576e1

Watson total refit !! Original-006_zps4b586dd3

I thought you might like to see the possible ressurection of this "model boat" Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:53 pm

yes please........which one you going to build her as............I have a few detailed shots of TGB if you want them, neil.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Not made a final decision as to which boat as yet but probably will be TGB with the plated over rear cockpit as the shape and size of the one moulded into the deck is wrong.

I still have copies of the pictures of TGB you sent me a while ago.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm

First job to be done is to strip all the old fittings off the hull.

Watson total refit !! Strip-down-001_zps79f19a22

With everything removed the paint was then stripped to reveal the blue moulding.

Watson total refit !! Strip-down-002_zps4023f31b

The propshaft outers were shortened to the correct length and new shaft supports made and fitted. The shafts were the old BA size so the bearings have been removed from the tubes and opened out to take new M4 inner shafts.

Watson total refit !! Strip-down-003_zps0eed278e

All the holes in the deck were then filled with grp patches underneath and polyester body filler on the top surface. The flanges around the hull edge were removed and rounded to the correct shape for the large Watson style fenders. To prevent the deck coming loose when this was done the inside of the hull deck joint was reinforced with resin and grp matting. When all had been sanded down the whole hull was given a couple coats of grey etch primer.

Watson total refit !! Primer-001_zpsbc99a443

Watson total refit !! Primer-002_zpsabec677a

Now ready to rebuild the boat. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:14 pm

First job is to fit the keel/sternpost reinforcement. This also holds the bearing for the lower rudder pintle and the locating bar for the haul up ropes.

Watson total refit !! Hull-001_zps68b9bc8c

At the top of the stern post the hull/deck area for the steering gear has been cut down ready for the rudder push rods to be fitted. This area will be covered later with the gearbox covering.

Watson total refit !! Hull-002_zpse49ab638

The rudder itself, with its supporting shaft, has also been made.

Watson total refit !! Hull-003_zps054b4460

The well deck at the stern has been plated over, this was one of the modifications done to the 47ft Watson class during their lifetime.

Watson total refit !! Hull-004_zps4721ea8b

The areas that define the hatch covers and planking on the deck have been plotted and edged ready for filling in with planks. This will be one of the more boring jobs to do for this refit but it will be worth it in the end even though they all will be painted grey !!

Watson total refit !! Hull-005_zps95c1c5e8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:11 am

looking good  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Nice to see how other folk do stuff, I'm watching with interest, keep it up 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:16 pm

What actual length is she? looks to be quite big sat on the ironing board, that's probably the best use I have seen for an ironing board  Thumbup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:21 pm

troutrunner wrote:
What actual length is she? looks to be quite big sat on the ironing board, that's probably the best use I have seen for an ironing board  Thumbup

It's a 1/12th scale model of a 47 ft Watson Cabin Class Lifeboat therefore she is 47" overall.  Simples!!  lol! lol! lol!

Yes it's a heavy duty ironing board, hight adjustable, easily folded for storage when not in use and only cost £3 at a local car boot sale. Much easier on the back than the WorkMate as when I want to sit down and work I just lower the board and sit on my high stool. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks for the education 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 7:40 pm

The grp wheelhouse has had some attention. The inside has been reinforced with polyester resin and a cloth covering (run out of glass fibre matting and J cloths work just as well in this situation  Thumbup ) over all the existing holes. This means that when the holes are re-cut in the correct positions the filler that has been used on the outside does not crumble or drop out.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-001_zps8ad1f589

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-002_zps98a96c69

A start on the deck planking has also been made. The hatch covers are done and the main planks along with the simulation of the caulking fitted. The caulking is black card and will be trimmed down later .

Watson total refit !! Hull-006_zps36b6437e
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms matey........got a Mersey and a Liverpool class hull and superstructure for both in the lockup.............but my daughter will kill me if I don't get the ferry finished first, lol.......

ol' TGB is looking nice matey. neil.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:53 pm

nhp651 wrote:
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms matey........got a Mersey and a Liverpool class hull and superstructure for both in the lockup.............but my daughter will kill me if I don't get the ferry finished first, lol.......

ol' TGB is looking nice matey. neil.

I know the feeling Neil, but as my wife has been away visiting relatives until tomorrow I can get on with building !!

I also have just obtained a Mersey hull/superstructure cheap on the Fleabay ready for use soon. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

The superstructure for the Watson has now been sanded, filled, sanded, filled etc and given a coat of primer. It doesn't look too bad considering the state it was in before.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-003_zpsb1d197af

The rear side windows and the back window cut outs have been tidied up and opened out to the correct size. This allowed the fitting of the section that forms the roof of the rear cabin inside the wheelhouse.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-004_zpse8c0ea5c

Next job will be to remove the sections marked up that are the door openings as they were left in place and the old doors just stuck on the outside.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-005_zpsa0f8b51c

Next on the agenda, apart from more boring deck planking, will be the roof lights as the ones on TGB were not all the same size along with sorting out the front window openings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 pm

was that the one for 50 quid, mike.......saw that one, thought you might not be able to resist, lol.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:55 am

nhp651 wrote:
was that the one for 50 quid, mike.......saw that one, thought you might not be able to resist, lol.

Yes, made them an offer and got if for only £35 !! 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 pm

The deck planking is coming along slowly, but it's getting there! you can see the stages involved from left to right.

Watson total refit !! Hull-007_zpsef34537f

The superstructure has also had the porthole positions correctly maked out, the door openings done and the rivet detail along the front cabin join added.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-006_zps40870318

The roof lights have been opened out to the correct shape and size to allow the fitting of the vhf aerial that TGB had when the self righting air bag was added. The rear deck only had two portholes as the air bag sat over the position of the starboard pair.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-007_zps4520cfc4

The front windows have also been reshaped to match TGB.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-008_zpsa81cd89c

A start has also been made on the engine room bulkhead for the interior of the wheelhouse.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-009_zps0e4b334a

Onwards and upwards!!!
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:42 pm

At last the final piece of the decking, 320 separate parts, has been fitted!! The card caulking has been trimmed down and the whole deck sanded to level off the lumps and bumps. It's now ready for the next stage, fitting the bulwarks at the bow and stern.

Watson total refit !! Hull-008_zps83529699

The replacement rear wall of the superstructure has been made and fitted along with the later watertight door and grab rail detail.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-010_zps24ecd963

The porthole details have been fitted  into the superstructure.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-011_zps60b48b38

At the front the portholes and the recessed locations for the air intakes have also been done.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-012_zps63475d0e

Finally for now an overall view as the boat is today.

Watson total refit !! Overall-001_zpsf740dd71

Looks a bit different from the starting point!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:14 pm

great refit watching with great interest  2thumbsup

gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 pm

The Watson has been struck by a bad case of the dreaded deck boring worm!! This type of worm seems to like making symetrical holes of two sizes. lol!

Watson total refit !! Hull-009_zpsb1895af4

Lucky for me the holes are in the right positions and of the correct sizes to allow the fitting of the pump/sounding well covers (small holes) and the covers for the wing tank fuel fillers (large holes)

Watson total refit !! Hull-010_zps0794364a
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Finally, after much steam and pain, the stern raised bulwarks have been fitted.

Watson total refit !! Hull-011_zps3b5496d7

The support angle irons have also been made and fitted along with the bolt details.

Watson total refit !! Hull-012_zpsbcb13cf4

The bulwarks at the bow have also been fitted as well as the main sampson post.

Watson total refit !! Hull-013_zps556e11c1

On the rear decking of the superstructure the former that will be the large self righting air bag has been made. The pattern for the rear screen is also being made.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-013_zps0bd1cc23

The three vents that fit on the front of the superstrucutre have also been made.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-014_zps01307c50

View of a vent in position, the others will fit in the two pilot holes seen at the bottom right of the picture.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-015_zpsda8b3c67
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 8:04 pm

this is looking awesome mike.superb, and I love the deck......who are you building this one for.............or is it going to be your play toy. neil.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 9:27 pm

nhp651 wrote:
this is looking awesome mike.superb, and I love the deck......who are you building this one for.............or is it going to be your play toy. neil.

Cheers Neil, yes the deck looks nice at the moment, pity it's going to be painted grey later!!

Not building it for anybody in particular, just found it in the shed looking sorry for itself and decided it needed doing. (I aquired it from Mr French as part of a deal for a boat I built for him.)

Will probably play with it for a short while then put it on the disposal list as I will need the room for the next build. 2thumbsup     Any advance offers anyone???

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 9:58 pm

would love it matey....but sadly strapped for cash AS THE TAX MAN IS DEMANDING MORE THAN A POUND OF FLESH.LOL
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:22 pm

nhp651 wrote:
would love it matey....but sadly strapped for cash AS THE TAX MAN IS DEMANDING MORE THAN A POUND OF FLESH.LOL

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 am

Looking great Mike.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Tax men the worst thieves on earth.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Next problem on the agenda to be solved is the fitting of the kick boards along the deck edge that support the side stanchions. What makes these more difficult than usual is that the boards incorporate the two fairleads on each side, have a gap underneath them all the way along the deck, are made from two planks and the supports are on the outside of the boards. This last item means that unless you have access to a 1/12th scale blacksmith to make the small supports you have to cheat a little!!

First the open top fairleads are fitted onto/through the deck.

Watson total refit !! Hull-014_zpsae961f2f

To have something to fix the planks to on the inside of the boards small 3mm diameter bamboo rods (cut from kebab sticks) are fitted into holes and glued to the deck. I use bamboo as this is very strong in small sizes and tends to bend under stress more than other sections of timber.  When painted they tend not to be noticed after fitting the stanchions.

Watson total refit !! Hull-015_zps95977c52

The lower planks are cut to fit around the fairleads and glued to the bamboo uprights. The space underneath is set and kept constant by using 2mm square timber along the length of the deck.

Watson total refit !! Hull-016_zpsdb0c64d1

When the lower plank is set the upper plank is trimmed to fit and glued to the bamboo uprights and the top edge of the lower plank.

Watson total refit !! Hull-017_zpsfed662d8

When all is set a little sanding and one side is complete. Thumbup 

Watson total refit !! Hull-018_zps3d333ace

Just need to repeat it all for the other side tomorrow !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:00 pm

The outer kick board supports have been made and fitted as well as tidying up the boards around the fairleads.

Watson total refit !! Hull-019_zpsd663fb4a

The tabernacle for the mast/exhaust has been made and fixed in place on the front of the superstructure.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-016_zpsb97310ba

The combined mast and exhaust stack has also been made. Here in the erected position.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-017_zps986c438d

and the stowed position to allow the boat to fit in the boathouse.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-018_zps07d3aa63

The capstan and the engine room hatch have also been made and will be fitted after painting.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-019_zpsa464e564
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 am

she is looking beautiful Mike...............oh for a lottery win, lol

great attention to detail. neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 am

nhp651 wrote:
she is looking beautiful Mike...............oh for a lottery win, lol

great attention to detail. neil.

Agreed  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Nice to be inside watching the snow outside!!

What can you do with a childs roller print pen, bits of tubing, scraps of styrene and a tube of filler??

Watson total refit !! Cowl-vent-01_zps55307f1e

Answer: use the clear hemishpere from the roller pen and glue it onto the tube.

Watson total refit !! Cowl-vent-02_zps07b45269

After adding more bits of styrene and shaping with filler you get an RNLI pattern waterproof cowl vent for the engine room!!

Watson total refit !! Cowl-vent-03_zps717b0212

Vent shortened to size and fitted onto the front superstructure.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-020_zps7fcc8639

The vents on the sides of the front casing are made by cutting a commercial fitting lengthways, adding the air box and fixing in place.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-021_zps249f7526

The two vents on the upper surface are again modified commercial fittings. The support for the mast in the folded position has also been made and fitted.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-022_zps4fa25354
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:54 pm

It's great that given a need the brain kicks in and a solution is made. Well done Mike.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Damien wrote:
It's great that given a need the brain kicks in and a solution is made. Well done Mike.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Most of the fun in life is looking at it sideways and seeing things in a different way.

I always like to find the "unusual" way of making fittings, plus being a true Yorkshireman I detest paying for bits for my builds!!  lol! lol! lol!

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:57 pm

lol! lol!  Like minds half a world apart.  lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 am

Thumbup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:05 pm

The hull has had the painting started with the lower section given three coats of white. Then the distinctive large fender typical of the Watson class has had two coats of red. When this had had a few more days to harden off the blue will be added.

Watson total refit !! Hull-020_zps706843b0

Whilst the paint was drying the hood over the forward deck hatch that came with the boat was cleaned up, cut down to the correct size, filled and sanded.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-023_zpsc876a677

After painting it will be fitted onto the raised moulding on the deck.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-024_zpsc5de2162

The hatch itslf has also been made, painted and will be fitted after the two handles are added.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-025_zps7da3af01

Both on the deck ready to fit.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-026_zps953563ca
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 pm

an outstanding transformation mike.........truly superb. Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Cheers Neil. I must admit it does look a bit better than when I got it out of the shed.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 pm

Ahhh the grand Master of the understatement.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Still waiting for the red paint to harden fully so I decided to make the two bins that fit either side of the superstrucutre.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-027_zpsc6f7ff63

Port side fender bin temporarily in place.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-028_zps55ef3ba0

Starboard side rope bin in place.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-029_zps13d7a5dd

These will be fixed to the superstructure after it is painted but not to the deck. This will make removal for access to the r/c, batteries etc easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:04 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:32 pm

The red paint has now hardened off and, after masking off, the blue has been done including the thin blue stripe above the fender, a real pain to mask but will look better when the bulwarks are painted grey.

Watson total refit !! Hull-021_zps475759d2

That nice looking deck has now been given its coat of grey paint. Sad 

Watson total refit !! Hull-022_zpsf20538d8

The superstructure has also had a couple of coats of orange.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-030_zps94aa921d

An overall shot of the boat as it it today.

Watson total refit !! Overall-002_zpsdee8d7cd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 pm

my gawd that's lovely mike.......superb. neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

is that fast cat dan's trent behind it.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

nhp651 wrote:
is that fast cat dan's trent behind it.

Yes it is, and behind that is my son's 1/6th scale Oakley!

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:26 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Ripper job Mike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

happy birthday mike................now stop celebrating and give us the next instalment..........I'm having withdrawal symptoms,
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Busy working on an Arun wheelhouse at the moment as the deadline is close!!   2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 pm

As usual a superb build Mike the attention to detail is superb

Dave
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:11 pm

The Arun wheeelhouse has been completed and delivered to its new hull in North Wales.

Watson total refit !! Wheelhouse-180_zpsaxpsehqw

Watson total refit !! Wheelhouse-181_zpsumnwyo0w

Watson total refit !! Wheelhouse-182_zps5clhyise

Watson total refit !! Wheelhouse-183_zpszfyzwwlr

The full build of the wheelhouse is here if anyone is interested:    http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49131.0.html

So now it's back to the Watson refit.

The rear screen for the wheelhouse has been cut, detailed and painted.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-031_zpsuif38vza

Fitted into the wheelhouse, now just needs a touch of filler in the gaps and a touch up with the orange paint.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-032_zpsbwt2hllz

The lower runners for the doors have been fabricated and fitted onto the sides of the superstructure.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-033_zpsgr5yr1rh

The sliding doors have been cut and shaped.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-034_zpsousagrhy

Checked to ensure they slide properly in the tracks ready for the top runners to be made and fitted.

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-035_zps6airkju4

Watson total refit !! Superstructure-036_zpsrhtweg11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watson total refit !!   Watson total refit !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Watson total refit !!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next